Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

03 Audi TT Drivers Side CV shaft removal "HELP" inner driver won't come out!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 12:25 PM
1st Gear
Angry 03 Audi TT Drivers Side CV shaft removal "HELP" inner driver won't come out!!!!

Thank you for everyone for all the great tutorials but for some reason everthing doesn't line up with my 03 TT 180 HP FWD Auto.

I got the main part of the axle out and all that is left is the inner driver (part where the tripod bearing goes into) For some crazy reason there is no bolts or anything that hold this on and I think it is one where there is a circlip on the inside. I notice this but I still can't seam to pry it out and am afraid i am going to break something.

Does anyone have any pointers or can just confirm on how i need to pop that out.....

Thanks again!!!!

Old 02-25-2010, 05:00 PM
5th Gear

You need a BFH.

And it should have come out as one piece, whack it around the flange (the 6 bolt pattern part in this pic). If you're replacing, don't worry too much about denting up that shiny part. just hammer, it'll come out.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:46 PM
2nd Gear

Dead blower hammers work awesome and save your ear drums too.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:58 AM

If you still need help, I can send you that section from my Bentley. I assume you got it by now, but if not rwinters77 at earthlink dot net.