Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

2001 FWD TT engine rebuild w/ BT

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 12:17 PM
1st Gear
Default 2001 FWD TT engine rebuild w/ BT

Ok guys, I have most of the parts here or are in transit. The motro has been pulled, stripped, and taken to the machine shop. I am aiming for 400hp at the wheels and would like to venture out from there after tuning and reliability have been established in the new engine. Ok I know you are waiting to here specs so here we go..

Wiseco pistons and rings- 8.5:1 c/r standard bore
Eagle rods w/ ARP rod bolts
All ACL Calico coated bearings
ARP Head bolts, main bolts, flywheel bolts
OEM gasket kit
cylinders and head are being honed and polished- ATC stock head right now but going AEB later
F1 racing Stage 5 clutch and lightweight flywheel
rebuilt T3/T4 63 trim turbo
Tial Wastgate-- waiting to get turbo to determine how much room in the bay for equal length headers.. hence not sure what size wastegate im going with, but going Tial none the less
630cc Bosch fuel injectors
Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
OBX High Flow fuel rail
Walboro inline fuel pump- just to be safe
3" custom DP w/o cat- reduced to 2.5" all the way, with a magnaflow muffler
All new gaskets, hardware, and coolant lines
Central Vacuum manifold to clean up the engine bay
battery relocation to the rear
Ebay FMIC intercooler kit.. upgrading core with Head and intake manifold after car is running
Oil Catch can-- highly recommend, Pulled my SMIC and hoses off, with nice puddles of oil in the lines
Plus all the essentials.. timing belt kit, spark plugs (gapped and colder range), etc..
SAI and N75 delete
Manual boost controller
electronic turbo timer
Eurodyne Maestro 7 tuning

The engine is being cleaned and reassembled by Rice in Oklahoma City. He is going through the block and head, checking all clearances, specs, and reassembling. The crankshaft will be balanced and polished as well.. As of right now my limiting factor on hp is gonna be the head and intake manifold. AFter some saving, I am building a complete head with intake mani.

Planned mods after block is finished, not set in stone just the general direction I am going, brands could change depending on deals and specials I find before then..
AEB head
007 Large port intake mani
larger throttle body
oversized valves
high rate springs w/ titanium retainers
Cat cams-- mild grind, still want it somewhat streetable
NOS wet kit w/ 75 shot and rpm switch
... considering w/m injection but not sure

Supposing everything goes according to plan (it never does) this will be the extent of performance mods.. If anyone is interested in stock parts off ATC engine pm me and we can try and work something out.. If you have any suggestions or comments please feel free, I welcome constructive criticism as I want to build a mechanically optimal engine, and am by no means an expert.. Pics will be coming soon..

Also, if anyone has weight saving ideas, I am all ears.. (not getting rid of A/C)

Old 12-30-2014, 06:14 PM
1st Gear
Default Questions

I know this is an old thread. Was just wondering if you took your motor to Buddy Rice off west main. If so, were you happy how it all turned out. Im about to embark on a similar adventure and was looking for a good machince shop to do my amb motor here in OKC.
Thanks for any response.