Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

2008 TT "Roll Back Issues" please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 01:44 PM
Default 2008 TT "Roll Back Issues" please help

Hey everyone, i tried searching on the forum before I created a new thread but I couldnt find much. My girlfriend has a 2008 TT 2.0 convertible. I had some questions and I wanted to see if anyone else had these problems.

1. If were on a hill, not even a steep one, and she lets the brake go, it feels as if she put it in reverse because thats how fast the car rolls back. She has to quickly hit the gas, which often leads to the tires peeling out slightly. We called the dealership, he gave us some reason that it rolls back to save gas or something. What I got from that is either the transmission puts itself in neutral on stops or the throttle isnt engaged. Im not too sure.

2. When we come to a stop on a flat surface, and she hits the gas, the car sometimes stutters or shakes. Im sure this is connected to the rolling back issue, but it is still annoying.

My family owns a Q7, ofcourse its a completely different car, but I havent experienced anything like that. My friend has an S5, and his car doesnt do that either. When I compared it to my car, a G37, it only rolled back on a very steep hill, which a lot of cars do ofcourse. But on a slight hill, it stayed in position. I would really appreciate any input, because I am not too familiar with this problem or what it can be caused by. Thanks guys.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:14 PM
3rd Gear

Auto or manual?

Old 03-08-2009, 08:51 PM

oops forgot to mention that, its auto

Old 03-09-2009, 04:02 AM

nothing guys?

Old 03-09-2009, 06:26 AM
3rd Gear

Sorry, there are very few of us that have a new generation TT.

and if I had a new automatic convertible fwd TT I would probably just go ahead and paint it pink too.

Sounds odd, and I would get a second opinion from another dealer if there is one close enough to you.

Give it a few days before you give up on this thread, like I said about 95% of the people here have a first gen TT, and even with those i'd guess less than 1/4 of them are automatic. It might take a few days for someone to spot this thread.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:52 PM
2nd Gear

Funny you mention this. I was in the Dr office over the weekend. In the waiting room I was reading their newest MotorTrend. In the back section were the editors review the cars after their year test drives and a new 08 Audi was one of them...it had the same issue.... the editor pointed it out.