Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

alarm and hazards went nuts for no reason?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 09:18 AM
1st Gear
Default alarm and hazards went nuts for no reason?

A few minutes ago a co worker came over and said my hazards were going nuts. I thought he was joking so I looked out and sure enough they were. It wasn't the hazards I found out but the alarm itself. The horn wasn't going off when I got out there but I could tell by the speed of the hazards. I unlocked the car but they didn't stop so I opened the door got in started the car and they stopped. I got out locked it and about 30 seconds later it went nuts again. I unlocked it which stopped it got back in and noticed my passenger side window was down more than just the normal drop when I open the door. So I started the car and tried to put it up but it wouldn't go. I rolled it down then opened the door, closed it then rolled it up and it worked. I shut the car off got out and locked it again and it didn't go nuts but I'm curious as to issues electrically somewhere that would cause this. I know this is a lot of type but I'm already paranoid where I work due to the people that live around here. Any ideas would be great.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:29 PM
1st Gear

maybe your hazards are about to go, or maybe short circuit somewhere.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:33 PM
1st Gear

Would the hazards going really cause the alarm tone to go nuts? I had that switch replaced when I bought the car and when it went the first time the alarm never went nuts it just flashed the hazards until I pulled the fuse. I haven't had an issue since this morning and I use my car for work so I'm not too worried about it. Just curious.