Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Audi of America I emailed them we will see what happens

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 01:20 PM
2nd Gear
Default Audi of America I emailed them we will see what happens

I sent the email below to the following:
GW@classcounsel.com,nhtsa.webmaster@dot.gov, and audi of america threw the contact us link on their website
concerning the insturment cluster issue i will keep everyone updated on what happens...

Tyler Lott
000 xxxxx x xxxxx xx Apt. 00
Ft.Wayne, Indiana 46808
(000)-000-0000

Dear Audi Client Relations:
I currently own a 2001 Audi TT Quattro 225
I am writing to you about an instrument cluster issue. The more I learn about the instrument cluster problem, the more convinced I become that Audi USA should replace the cluster free of charge. The failure of the cluster is a safety hazard and Audi has been well aware of the problem for some time. I have copied the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration on this letter as well as the law firm of Green Welling LLP, a firm that has indicated intent to file a class action lawsuit against Audi of America on behalf of California owners. It is my understanding that Audi has reportedly refused to extend warranty consideration to U.S. TT owners affected by failed instrument clusters while Audi UK acknowledged the problem and chose to replace all identically failed clusters free of charge for United Kingdom TT owners. I am asking Audi of America to cover the cost of a replacement gauge cluster for my 2001 Audi TT. My fuel gauge is unreliable and the liquid crystal display has failed. It no longer provides readable information. My speedometer does not work at all and my RPM gauge is unreliable. As a result, safety warnings are not provided in a meaningful way. Presently, the check engine light remains on but the Audi Dealer cannot determine the problem. They suggested a replacement cluster costing nearly 800 dollars. I think that is ridiculous I have never owned another car in my life with a failed instrument cluster. I expect more from such a “high” end car company. It is my understanding that Audi in the United Kingdom (Audi UK) has offered no-cost replacement to owners affected by gauge cluster failures, due to the dangerous nature of a failed gauge cluster. I’m asking for the same consideration here in the United States. The part in question has failed on a large percentage of 1999-2005 Audi vehicles, according to Audi’s own service centers, and has failed on my TT. Audi reportedly resolved the design and manufacturing problems that cause these gauge cluster failures after the 2003 model year and placed upgraded service parts into the dealer channel, according to our local Audi dealer and service provider. Despite these remedial steps, Audi has offered no special consideration to owners affected by the problem outside of the vehicle’s normal warranty and expects owners to pay over $800.00, plus the cost of installation to replace a part that was poorly designed and has a very high failure rate. Because the defect causesa dangerous operating condition, including lack of dependable indications of fuel, engine speed and vehicle speed, the vehicle is unsafe as designed. I will accept nothing less than full warranty coverage of a cluster replacement for my vehicle at the local dealership in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. I would be happy to install the new cluster my self. I shouldn’t have to be a “good customer” to receive proper care on a safety related item.

There should be no other response to this request but
agreement to replace my cluster at no charge. Additionally, Audi should
consider a safety recall of the affected clusters to ensure customer and other motorists safety.

Thank You,

Tyler Lott
000 xxxxx x xxxxx xx Apt. 00
Ft.Wayne, Indiana 46808
(000)-000-0000

Old 02-08-2008, 01:41 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi of America I emailed them we will see what happens

i hope they get a recall!!! thanks to you!

Old 02-08-2008, 01:52 PM
2nd Gear

yea i hope it does if that doesn't work i am going to get as many audi owners as possible who audi of america replaced their gauges out of warranty free togother and be like look if its not a saftey concern why did you replace all these free when they where out of warranty....I am not giving up on this one its absolutley ridiculous

http://www.audittcca.com/discussions...t=10#282678463
basically the same letter has supposly been sent before thats where i decided you know what im gonna do the same thing this is bs....I think we need to get alot of audi owners to keep throwing its a safety concern at them which it IS and it will happen but until then who knows...

Old 02-08-2008, 02:15 PM
2nd Gear

good luck to you, but just remember AOA really doesn't care about a car that is 7 years old they don't make anymore... they should, but don't [&o]

Old 02-08-2008, 02:16 PM
2nd Gear

well if they dont do as i request then i am going to send my cluster here http://www.bba-reman.com/catalogue/D...ledProduct=280 and then pursue audi for the cost to rebuild it..

Old 02-08-2008, 02:36 PM
2nd Gear

UPDATE:

Thank you for contacting Audi of America's product information center.
We have forwarded your e-mail to Audi Customer CARE, and one of our
agents will be calling you soon.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:05 PM
1st Gear

its a safety issue and it should be dealt with, im with you and i believe most of us are!

Old 02-08-2008, 03:09 PM

BBA can only fix certain issues.. like gas gauge being out of whack. They cannot fix missing pixels. Also if they cant fix your gauge you are still liable for the charges.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:12 PM
2nd Gear

They can fix pixels now give them a call!

Old 02-08-2008, 03:22 PM

It says right on their page that they cannot fix missing lines in the display.

Quick Reply: Audi of America I emailed them we will see what happens