Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Audi TT Aftermarket Radio

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 06:03 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi TT Aftermarket Radio

I trying to get a new system into my car.

I can not find a deck kit for the TT and im worried about the TT cover not being able to close with an aftermarket radio

Help and tips please!?

Old 10-28-2008, 06:46 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Any deck that has no ***** will work. I have a Pioneer deck which has a huge **** on it & my cover still closes. Can't see the **** clearly in the link below but it protrudes out quite a bit.

You gonna need to sand down the kit to make it work. Cause the ones the stores try to sell you are for like other model Audi's.

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...EHP500&tp=5684

Old 10-30-2008, 03:24 PM
1st Gear
Default ???

Originally Posted by myxyzxo
Any deck that has no ***** will work. I have a Pioneer deck which has a huge **** on it & my cover still closes. Can't see the **** clearly in the link below but it protrudes out quite a bit.

You gonna need to sand down the kit to make it work. Cause the ones the stores try to sell you are for like other model Audi's.

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...EHP500&tp=5684
what do you exactly have to sand down? im still is there an actual deck kit for the TT or do you just need keys to pull the stock one out and shove in a aftermarket one...

sorry if im asking repetitive or dumb questions, im just clueless on how to get a good fit for a TT with the aluminum TT door to still close. (and im trying to just get it right the first time without "ghetto rigging" anything)

Old 10-30-2008, 07:30 PM
1st Gear

To get the stock radio out you need these keys, and a wiring harness. This is the harness I got for the Bose system, for non-Bose it might be this one, but I'm not sure.

As far as anything not fitting under the cover, you should be fine. My Kenwood KDC-X891 fits, though the **** isn't too big.

I don't have a kit so there is a gap on each side of my deck (about 1/2 inch). It's not too noticeable but if you want one, there's a carbon fiber one here. I'm pretty sure that one will fit.

One note on removing the stock radio: there are 4 keys and 2 holes. Two keys go in each hole. Line the keys up, slide them in, then pull everything out.

Hope that helps.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:51 PM
SoCal Crew Member

The thing that I sanded down was the actual install kit. The plastic piece that you will slide the unit into. That kit is for the A/B series Audi. So they are a little bigger than the TT. If you sand off about 1/8 of an inch then it will fit.

As for the wiring harness, it's all plug and play. With the exception that you HAVE TO run a seperate remote line. Also don't forget to buy the antenna adapter. If you don't have that, then the reception to your radio signal will be crap. Remember that the antenna adapter has a blue wiring coming out of it. You will need to give that a power source aswell.

Last edited by myxyzxo; 10-30-2008 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:25 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by myxyzxo
The thing that I sanded down was the actual install kit. The plastic piece that you will slide the unit into. That kit is for the A/B series Audi. So they are a little bigger than the TT. If you sand off about 1/8 of an inch then it will fit.

As for the wiring harness, it's all plug and play. With the exception that you HAVE TO run a seperate remote line. Also don't forget to buy the antenna adapter. If you don't have that, then the reception to your radio signal will be crap. Remember that the antenna adapter has a blue wiring coming out of it. You will need to give that a power source aswell.
Sorry to comment on such an old post, but I don't want to start a new one, so I'm just going through older submissions. When you say you have to run a separate remote line, what exactly does that mean? Is that something different than what's in the harness?