Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Slow top on TT MK1 Convertible on close

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 10:16 PM
1st Gear
Default Slow top on TT MK1 Convertible on close

Hello, new here and would appreciate some help.

Have a 2001 TT convertible with a top that won’t go up, i have to manually help it up . I spoke to the dealer and he stated that i would probably need to change the motor and that would be close to 2600$.

Don’t want to fork that kind of cash so was wandering if there is another way around this. I have heard something about injecting hydraulic fluid into the chamber but have no idea where this is and how it is done in my TT.

Does anyone have any ideas, please? Thanks, Ralf

Old 02-20-2018, 02:43 PM
1st Gear

First try to top up tge hydraulic fluid. It is special for this purpose and can be obtained at the dealer. The hydraulic struts that operate the hood have probably developed a small leak. To top up this liquid you need to cut and tear away the isolation cover that sits on top of the motor left hand side under the hood cover behind the seats. You can get to it from the top through the little service hatch in the hoid cover behind the seats. With the isolation gone, you can take three long screws out. Than you can take out the motor from the rear in the trunk. Take out the bookshelf cover to get to the motor. You can lay the motor on its side and add fluid to the container through the small copper valve. I use a big size medical injection syringe.