Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Audi TT reliability -- better info

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 11:29 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi TT reliability -- better info

TrueDelta reports absolute repair rates that make the differences between cars much clearer. Results are updated four times a year, to report on new models quickly and track cars closely as they age.

We've been reporting on the A3, A4, A6, and Q7 for some time now. We'd like to do the same for the TT, but need more participants.

Participants simply report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, participants receive full access to all results, not just those for the Audi TT, free of charge.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Car reliability research

Old 03-24-2009, 06:13 PM
2nd Gear

my car is reliable when its not broken lol

Old 03-24-2009, 09:57 PM
1st Gear

My car is reliable when I don't break it

Old 03-24-2009, 10:42 PM
2nd Gear

Urrr.... I think this might be better left if no one says anything. I want my tt to still be worth something....

Old 03-25-2009, 02:50 AM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by l88m22vette
My car is reliable when I don't break it

Ha! Same here. Does deleting the faulty part count as a 'repair'.

'if it aint broke, don't fix it'
but
'if it aint there, it can't break'.

Old 03-25-2009, 04:50 AM
1st Gear

I only had 2 breakdowns with my tt in the last 3 months.. 1 breakdown with my oldsmobile in 12 years. hmm..

Old 03-26-2009, 01:08 AM
5th Gear

It must be something you're doing. These cars require that they're in your thoughts every waking moment to continue running smoothly. If you start thinking about other things, like what you want to do on the weekend that isn't car related, of course its going to break down.

It just comes down to neglect.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:21 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by achTTung
It must be something you're doing. These cars require that they're in your thoughts every waking moment to continue running smoothly. If you start thinking about other things, like what you want to do on the weekend that isn't car related, of course its going to break down.

It just comes down to neglect.
lol! i agree

Old 03-26-2009, 06:38 AM
2nd Gear

The car is reliable so far as it will reliably need service, repairs, and attention above and beyond what you have time and money for :-D At least thats how I remember it....should finally get my car back today or tommorrow after getting some repairs to the front end...

Old 03-26-2009, 07:17 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by achTTung
These cars require that they're in your thoughts every waking moment to continue running smoothly. If you start thinking about other things, like what you want to do on the weekend that isn't car related, of course its going to break down.
I don't drive my TT anywhere without thinking something may break, although it's only left me stranded one time with a dead battery.

Quick Reply: Audi TT reliability -- better info