Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

check engine light/ LIMP MODE

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 12:33 PM
1st Gear
Default check engine light/ LIMP MODE

hello everyone my check engine light came on and the car started to run like crap..
I check the codes and this is what I got..
code P0238 Hi voltage for boost pressure sensor A... ( have no Idea were is located and what to do about it..)

the second code was the MAp sensor g36 i believe (forgot the actual code..)
but the car boggs down around 2k rpm, then it picks up okay after that.. on first gear i cannot pass 5k Rpm, but the following gears im okay..

what can I do to trouble shoot these problems.. last thing I want to do is take the car to the dealership... plz people help I hate seeing my BABY run weak.. hehe

Old 08-18-2011, 04:58 PM
1st Gear

It would help to know the year of your vehicle and exactly which model. Assuming 01-06. The turbo boost sensor will be on the intake manifold. It will have 2 small bolts that hold it into position with an O-Ring that seals against the walls of the port it is inserted into. The sensor can be purchased on-line for about $35.00

Verify that the wires going to it are sound and unplug it and replug it (doubtful that will take care of it, but you never know) to verify that it doesn't suddenly come to life.

The sensors are typically 3 wires. 1 ground lead, one hot lead and one signal lead. The sense voltage with the ignition on (but car not running) will be a value that is somewhere between 1.5 and 3 volts (depending on whether it is a two bar or three bar sensor and your elevation. If you find that it is 5 V or that you have 5 volts and two wires then you know the sensor is bad and you can just replace it yourself in a few minutes.

Sam

Originally Posted by locod64
hello everyone my check engine light came on and the car started to run like crap..
I check the codes and this is what I got..
code P0238 Hi voltage for boost pressure sensor A... ( have no Idea were is located and what to do about it..)

the second code was the MAp sensor g36 i believe (forgot the actual code..)
but the car boggs down around 2k rpm, then it picks up okay after that.. on first gear i cannot pass 5k Rpm, but the following gears im okay..

what can I do to trouble shoot these problems.. last thing I want to do is take the car to the dealership... plz people help I hate seeing my BABY run weak.. hehe

Old 08-20-2011, 12:00 PM
I'm make believe

The map is the boost sensor ( manifold absolute pressure). In a 80 it is on the smic in from of the passenger wheel. You have to remove the bumper and headlight to get to it. On a 225 it's behind the drivers side head light.

Either way, it's probably covered in oil and needs cleaned along with the smic(s).

If that doesn't fix you problem, the your map may have died.