AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi TT (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-tt-7/)
-   -   Car Shifts but doesn't move! (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-tt-7/car-shifts-but-doesnt-move-65316/)

mzoheir 06-03-2007 05:11 AM

RE: Car Shifts but doesn't move!

It happens on all the gears, as if the gearbox is not linked to the engine in anyway! it's a FWD , and the joints are not dammaged... guess I'll have to take it to the shop. Thanks everyone for trying.

225tt 06-03-2007 07:34 AM

Refer to my previous statement, that is the only thing that would cause that. Even if his clutch was shot you would be able to move it, or kill it in lets say fifth gear. But he is saying there is no movement, there is no clutch. But wouldnt you hear something if there was no clutch and flywheel?

chosos 06-03-2007 09:21 AM

just curious - where did you buy it and did you get a good deal?

theTTkid 06-03-2007 05:23 PM

sounds like the clutch just isnt grabbing... bummer, good deal on the car?

neur0tic 06-03-2007 09:47 PM

If there's no clutch in it... and he bought it under the pretenses that it had a clutch, that's a horrible deal.

cincyTT 06-03-2007 10:30 PM

Like said before, the clutch isnt going, it is gone. I had one that was going and on the way to get it changed it went. Had to leave it on the side of the road because no matter what gear, its like its in nuetral, no go. Your now gonna have to take it and spend about $1k for new clutch and flywheel. Hope you get it worked out.

Murderface 06-04-2007 12:17 AM

My car smelled funny the day I got it...smelled like...ceramic burning.

3 Days later it's shifting like a mushy turd and I'm confused...5 minutes later it's pouring smoke and I'm doing 6k just to get into my driveway.

2 weeks later I have my car back, dealer put in new clutch under warranty...at 55k. Few days after it went I found out since I have buddies that work at the dealership that one of the detailing kids took my car for gas and banged the gears to hell on it...

Not goin there again...

225tt 06-04-2007 02:12 AM

Yep its the clutch...

WishIWasRWD 06-04-2007 09:21 AM

Couldn't it just be a disconnected shift linkage?
It was shipped, easily could have been bent, or knocked free.

Otherwise, clutch... And i'd get rid of that car ASAP. If it's a dealer, make them fix it, or get your money back.
Sounds to me like the guy knew he was selling it, then beat the living piss out of it one last time.

rambo82i 06-04-2007 01:40 PM

Was the battery dead???? Can the car even start?
if the battery is dead, and you put a new battery in, the car might not start still due to the immobilzer that you have to restart at the dealer