Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

cold air intake & wheels for stock 2009 TTS

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 09:53 AM
1st Gear
Default cold air intake & wheels for stock 2009 TTS

Ya'll should have some fun with this one ...

I have a 2009 TTS, all stock, 18,500 miles. Is it advisable to consider an aftermarket cold air intake without doing exhaust? If yes, what brand, model? Exhaust is too new to replace, so don't even go there. Some day.

How about winter wheel options. Should I put winter rubber on OEM 18" wheels and then buy 18" or 19" wheels for summer rubber? OR ... buy new 17" wheels for winter rubber and put summer rubber on OEM 18"? Just looking for some opinions, reasoning. I am in Maine, so snow is considerable at times. This is my wife's car, and although I drive it spirited, she will use the car most of the time and she is much more passive with driving. The "LOOK" of the actual tires would be more important to her.

Blizzaks or Pirellis?

thanks,
Jeff

Old 05-16-2011, 09:48 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by rockonpearl
Ya'll should have some fun with this one ...

I have a 2009 TTS, all stock, 18,500 miles. Is it advisable to consider an aftermarket cold air intake without doing exhaust? If yes, what brand, model? Exhaust is too new to replace, so don't even go there. Some day.

How about winter wheel options. Should I put winter rubber on OEM 18" wheels and then buy 18" or 19" wheels for summer rubber? OR ... buy new 17" wheels for winter rubber and put summer rubber on OEM 18"? Just looking for some opinions, reasoning. I am in Maine, so snow is considerable at times. This is my wife's car, and although I drive it spirited, she will use the car most of the time and she is much more passive with driving. The "LOOK" of the actual tires would be more important to her.

Blizzaks or Pirellis?

thanks,
Jeff
ya u can put an intake on without an exhaust although since it is a stock exhaust ur gonna hve alot more intake noise but youll get used to it, and as far as brands 42dd or neuspeed or k&n are good choices and as far as rims go i hve aftermarket ones with winter rubber n i actually like thm more thn my summer stockers so if i were u get nice ones for summer n put the winter tires on the stock ones, and both pirellis n blizzaks r good choices
hope this helps
also a cold air intake doesnt rly help with these engines cause the turbo jst reheats the air all they do is increase the likelihood of hydro-lock so jst go with a short ram