Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Considering a 2008 TT Quattro Roadster 3.2 Automatic

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 07:35 PM
1st Gear
Default Considering a 2008 TT Quattro Roadster 3.2 Automatic

at a used car dealer. The dealer bought it at auction. Has a clean CARFAX with extensive service info. Appears to be in excellent condition. Flawless, body and top nearly flawless interior. The drivers seat is showing some slight wear on the leather on the outer seat and side bolsters from entering and exiting the car. Is missing the left most control button on the console below the trans. selector. (I don't know what it's function was as there is no owners manual with the car) The hood latch release lever wants to pull out of its socket and it's action is iffy. There is no spare tire. Has newish P7s installed. The top and wind barrier work smoothly. Almost no rust on the undercarriage, just a bit here and there on the control arm's sharp edges. Drives well with no CV joint shimmy detectable.Has NAV. AC works well. The ends of the engine block are still shiny aluminum so I don't think it's seen much if any salt. It's an upstate NY and PA car...3 previous owners. The dealer is asking $16,995 which seems OK. Any thoughts or pointers? I'm kind of in love with the car but I don't want to make a foolish decision. Thanks!

Edit: 56K miles.
Edit 2: I arrived at the dealer unannounced and started the car with a cold engine. I detected no "cam chain guide rattle".

Last edited by Ronald Vennell; 07-16-2018 at 07:54 PM. Reason: added odometer mileage...
Old 07-24-2018, 09:05 AM
1st Gear

The button below the transmission on the left (in my car) is for the mag ride. If you don't have it, it will be blank. In addition, the car originally came with run flats and therefore no spare. Mine has 88k miles and runs like a top. Only problem I've had with it has been the operation of the top. Flap motors can be a problem. I love mine, Good luck.