Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Convertible Rear Power Window Belt?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 09:51 AM
1st Gear

Thats great! I just ordered one and will let you know how it works. I have been putting it off due to the cost of the belt from Audi I have found them from $150-$200
Thanks again, RB

Old 05-28-2014, 11:49 AM
1st Gear

So did that recomended belt work cause I was thinkin of grabbing one for my girlfriends car.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:57 PM
1st Gear

I just ordered one myself, shipped it out in a few hours after the order, I will provide an update when I get to installing it. Don't worry, I promise to post a response. Give me 2 weeks at the most. Hopefully it will get here sooner.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:20 PM
1st Gear

Just got the belt in today, hopefully I will have a chance to put it on tomorrow. It looks a little thin in width, but will update when I go to install.

Attached Thumbnails Convertible Rear Power Window Belt?-photo-1.jpg   Convertible Rear Power Window Belt?-photo-2.jpg   Convertible Rear Power Window Belt?-photo-3.jpg  
Old 05-31-2014, 02:02 PM
1st Gear

It works great! Perfect replacement, exact match. I don't know how long it will last, but I can't see it going out any time soon. Also, if you can't remember the last time you could use the window, be sure to find some grease of some kind to help lubricate the threaded lifters. I used some di-electric grease compound and it really helped out.

Attached Thumbnails Convertible Rear Power Window Belt?-this1.jpg   Convertible Rear Power Window Belt?-this2.jpg   Convertible Rear Power Window Belt?-img_1467.jpg  
Old 06-05-2014, 03:03 PM
1st Gear

my belt broke again !! just ordered this belt as audipartsonline wants $180 !!

hope it is not too hard to install. I already had to remove the panel and manually help the window go down so we could close the top.

Old 06-12-2014, 11:10 AM
1st Gear

Belt installed it was pretty easy, maybe 20 minutes , although it was super hot yesterday and standing in the sun was very sweaty !!!

hints - drilling out the old rivets ( 2 on each side ) - put a rag or something in underneath so all the metal shavings don't fall down all around the top. then they blow around when you drive and its annoying....

Rivets are 3/16 x 1/4 - just an fyi when you buy them

To install the Belt you have to pull the riser screw out of its little socket , wrap the belt around , then work it back in place. the riser screw just slides out and has a slotted washer to go back in place correctly.

Rivet the back facing rivets in first then the side facing ones for easier alignment.

Old 10-09-2014, 12:56 PM
1st Gear
Smile TT Convertible Rear Window Belt

Thank You for the belt information. I just ordered the 10T5/2090 - WPS belt and will let you know how the installation goes.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:22 PM
1st Gear

old thread i see but i can add some insight, on the VW Vortex under the Audi mk I TT section a member posted a great DIY with pics, + where to get non OE reasonable priced belt. that will be my next project since my girlfriend "whines" its too cold, the doggy + I love it!!!

Old 06-04-2016, 12:14 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by rodhotter
old thread i see but i can add some insight, on the VW Vortex under the Audi mk I TT section a member posted a great DIY with pics, + where to get non OE reasonable priced belt. that will be my next project since my girlfriend "whines" its too cold, the doggy + I love it!!!
In case anyone else stumbles across this old post, it took me a while but here's the link to the thread mentioned above:

VWVortex.com - DIY: Wind Deflector Belt Replacement

Quick Reply: Convertible Rear Power Window Belt?