AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi TT (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-tt-7/)
-   -   Custom Tuning, Faster to Slower (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-tt-7/custom-tuning-faster-slower-77959/)

quattrocket 10-11-2007 06:03 PM

Custom Tuning, Faster to Slower

I need some expert advice. I just recently had my 2003 TT 225 Roadster custom tuned, and holy cripes it felt like a rocketship afterwards!! Here's the only issue...for the past couple days, the car feels like it's back to stock programming. I checked hoses, oil, etc and after finding no physical signs of the problem, figured I'd call the folks that did my tuning. When I explained the situation and asked if it were possible for the ECU to "reset" itself back to stock, I was told that this was not at all possible. Is that the truth or is someone blowing smoke up my exit only area??

I am totally stumped, live and work pretty far from the tuning shop, and have no engine codes being set off....Any ideas??? Any input is much appreciated!

cincyTT 10-11-2007 06:06 PM

RE: Custom Tuning, Faster to Slower

boost gauge? Psi levels would be helpful.

eliTTe 10-11-2007 06:16 PM

you might just be getting use to the extra power and it now seems like its slow.... thats what happened to me

RedTTQ 10-11-2007 06:22 PM

Could have pulled some timing. My friends Legacy GT does it all the time. His tune is just too aggressive.
[align=left] [/align]

pitrman 10-11-2007 07:02 PM

Maybe you have just run out the racing gas that tuning guys put into your tank;)

neur0tic 10-11-2007 10:38 PM

Sounds like one of two things happened:
[ol][*]You may have a vacuum line that burst that causes your boost to be much lower cutting power. (check the ΒΌ" cloth braided hoses right under your engine cover near the lower right corner of the cover. they tend to deteriorate and burst. If its that... just pull off the little hose and put a new one on. they're cheap and easy to replace.)[*]You're using regular unleaded gasoline instead of 93Oct gas that is required for the chip tuning and the ECU is pulling your timing back to prevent damage to the engine due to shitty gas. You can only run that advanced timing with high octane gas or else you get detonation (knock). When you put cheap gas in... and the engine starts to knock... the ECU retards the timing to prevent damage (thus costing your all the power you had from advanced timing)[*]you suck and your car is a POS. (just kidding. just wanted to add some humor to your options) lol[/ol]

225tt 10-11-2007 11:16 PM

Limp...you will never know cause it will not throw a CEL. Disconnect the battery for 10 min and then re-connect it. Remember to get your radio code to unlock it. Good luck!

neur0tic 10-12-2007 03:35 AM

Nah, I doubt its Lipm mode.

He said it feels like the ECU reset. so basically it just feels like it lost a little power compared to what it was after the ECU flash. If he went in Limp Mode... he'd DEFINITELY have mentioned that. Limp mode is damn near like coasting in neutral. I mean... losing SOME power... and losing so much that the car only goes 5mph unless you're already moving... is totally different.

If he hit limp... and the car completely stopped going above 1500 rpms... i think he'd be a little more pissed off. lol

not to mention... I've hit limp before and it went away as soon as I shut down and restarted.

rayveedub 10-12-2007 12:18 PM

the ecu adapts to fuel, altitude, air density etc.... after you first got the chip installed the car had no revised operating parameters. it was thinking it was running in the perfect environment. it probably pulled timing. use unisettings for unitronic.ca to add a few degrees of timing.

RedTTQ 10-12-2007 02:30 PM

Figure it out yet?
[align=left] [/align]