Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Damage after damage!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 10:39 PM
1st Gear
Default Damage after damage!!!

Quick reminder from before, I took my TT to discount tire to fill some air on a low PSI tire but I found out it was totally messed... they bottomed out my car and ruined their lift trying to take my car off the lift. i took my car to my local shop to get sumitomo htr z III's on the TT and they inspected the car.

well, i finally took my car back to discount to with a small exhaust leak and they said they would schedule an appointment for me to bring my car to brakes plus and I said I would only do the inspection there and if they didnt want to deal with my local audi/vw shop, they could pay for the repairs at the dealership... they said that they will give me an answer after the inspection is made.. when i first went into the shop they questioned why i got tires from a different place and offered to give me some new bfgoodrich g-froce super sport all seasons and i agreed (i plan on selling them and putting the sumitomo's back on)...

i was looking at my rims at the gas station and i noticed a really sick rash/damage/scratch (its about two inches long and half a centimeter deep) on one of the spokes that convex into the deep dish... there's no way i couldve curbed that (especially because it's on the left rim) but there's no way to prove that one of their techs dropped a tool on my rim or dropped my rim on something else....

<--- very livid right now...

Old 05-07-2009, 11:34 PM
1st Gear

ugh that whole situation sucks for you man. I hope they get everything sorted out for you. Maybe you could find the people after work and follow them and **** em up then rob them to pay for the damages and get some extra cash for your trouble. Good luck.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:10 PM
5th Gear

^^^ WTF?

Anyway, sucks to hear the trouble you're going thru, but its a good lesson on finding a reputable shop, and maybe paying a couple extra bucks so you don't have some half-wit who can't quite manage to get his GED putting his mitts on your car.

-discount tire
-brakes plus

You're naming chain shops that don't give a **** about your car, or anyones. Place I took my car back in NY had a $40K Porsche 944 stored in one bay, and a bunch of old P cars around back.

BTW, $40 breaks down to a $30K race engine, and about $6K in suspension work, the rest paid for the car.

I paid a little more there, but it was a quality german car shop with an actual german car enthusiast for an owner.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:56 PM
SoCal Crew Member

i feel you. and that's why im trading in my TT. LOL.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:19 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by achTTung
^^^ WTF?

Anyway, sucks to hear the trouble you're going thru, but its a good lesson on finding a reputable shop, and maybe paying a couple extra bucks so you don't have some half-wit who can't quite manage to get his GED putting his mitts on your car.

-discount tire
-brakes plus

You're naming chain shops that don't give a **** about your car, or anyones. Place I took my car back in NY had a $40K Porsche 944 stored in one bay, and a bunch of old P cars around back.

BTW, $40 breaks down to a $30K race engine, and about $6K in suspension work, the rest paid for the car.

I paid a little more there, but it was a quality german car shop with an actual german car enthusiast for an owner.
Exactly. You are letting the same mechanics that mini van owners let work on their cars. What did you expect? Go dealer or good shop or go home.

Old 05-09-2009, 02:20 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by .clipse
that's why im trading in my TT. LOL.
does wayne brady gotta choke a bitch?????????????????

that sucks man. . . . i feel like you have horrible luck with ur car.