Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Do you make eye contact with them when you see your exact car?

Old 04-16-2010, 10:45 PM
2nd Gear
Default Do you make eye contact with them when you see your exact car?

There was one today going opposite direction on a bridge directly next to me.
I thought of making it friendly so I waved,,,,no movement.
He had his window down so I rolled mine down.
As he got up close to mine (close enough for me to spit in his window) I looked over and he just looked straight ahead. ?!?

He had a cell phone up to his ear so I gave him the benefit of the doubt but I'm thinking,,,what a goof , trying to hold a phone and drive stick at the same time. ( I use a parrot blue tooth as some of you know)

He was older than me even (wow). Had no front plate but some nice gaping holes where one used to be.
I saw the wheels and it looked like it had fake hub cap covers?? So I was going to ask him what year it was but , it didn't happen.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:41 PM

I ended up with two TT roadsters in front of me this week while driving home - mine in Silver, plus a black, and a red one.. As I continued on and past them, neither was interested in being friendly or smiling...

Interesting, because I rode motorcycle for many years before taking a break, and waving to a fellow motorcyclist is a big deal. Too bad the rest of the motoring community doesn't buy in...

I'd wave to you - and you even have nearly the same car as me! ;-)

Old 04-17-2010, 12:55 PM
I'm make believe

He must of been REALLY old then Alan! LOL j/k.

I have no front plate, well, euro one actually and im running around on winter steelies still but i would NEVER put hubcaps on them.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:36 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by cincyTT
He must of been REALLY old then Alan! LOL j/k.

I have no front plate, well, euro one actually and im running around on winter steelies still but i would NEVER put hubcaps on them.
ha yea, this guy was pushin 50s i think.

Well it went by quick, all I know is that the wheels didn't have spokes of any kind. Looked weird. Was a 225 also.
Was on U.S. 42 when I left work.

And if you think about it , a big part of the TT is about individualism so when you see your mirror image its like..."DOH".
Maybe the mustang and corvette freaks wave at each other ha.

Last edited by alan93; 04-17-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:06 PM
3rd Gear

I don't think most of the older demographic of TT owners really cares. But I do get alot of head nods. It's funny because you can always tell who gives a **** and who doesn't. We audi lovers keep our heads on a swivel when were in traffic. And some people just act like they couldn't be bothered by the car they drive. I call em "Sheep". It's a shame, but such is life..

Old 04-19-2010, 03:51 PM
1st Gear

(This is sorta close to the subject of other drivers on the road) but ever since I got my TT no one wants to test their car against mine on the road?...
Like if I see someone else who puts money into performance parts on their car then shouldnt they want to put those parts to use every once in a while?? Or they put big exhaust and ridiculous wings on their cars cluttering the roads with ricer but no go??? When I had my Mitsu Lancer it seemed like EVERYONE wanted to race me whether they drove a p.o.s. or not.

Last edited by fly200; 04-19-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:34 PM
2nd Gear

I did get one head nod from a non TT driver once when I had the top down and Stevie Wonder's "Don't You Worry Bout A Thing" cranking on the bose.
I think he was just appreciatin my stylin and carefree scene.
Hope he wasn't gay, didn't think about that.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:14 PM
1st Gear

Everytime I see another I chat with them in the lot. If I see one on the road I flick the headlights and give a wave. TT's are far and few between down here in South Florida.
So when I see an MkI TT its pretty cool, I always give a wave and a smile.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:06 PM

If the car is coming from the opposite direction i always flash my lights quick. Usually with no response. lol I love my TT and I don't see a lot. Everyonce in awhile Ill get a nodd. Or a lanch with me as I pass.. So if you see a Denim Blue TT with Gold wheels, no rings in the front and black spikey hair in NY LI flash back at me

Old 05-14-2010, 10:47 PM
2nd Gear

I only wave if I am driving a somewhat rare car... like my tt. If I'm in my truck or something, then I never wave.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do you make eye contact with them when you see your exact car?