Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Driver's Side Door Window Not Working - Tried DIYs

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 06:52 PM
1st Gear
Question Driver's Side Door Window Not Working - Tried DIYs

I found a couple DIYs on YouTube regarding the driver's side window not functioning properly and pulled the panel apart to try to get it corrected. I was able to lube the cable that was on the pulley. Pulled the motor out from the pulley to see if that was the issue. Motor seems to work fine.

The lube of the cables did not cure the problem so i took it further apart and found one end of the cable that lines up on the track of the pulley was pretty badly twisted and starting to unwind. Took a pair of needle nose pliers and tried to convince it back to it's original shape as much as possible, but nowhere near perfect. This also did not cure the problem. It made it able to roll back up with lot's of effort (rolling up about 1/8" at a time) and still won't roll up fully. I can tell it is trying to work, because when i open/close the door it attempts to do the roll down for air pressure, but not going all the way up like it should.

My real question is would this be my next step to try to cure this problem? 2001 Audi TT Replacement Window Regulator

It seemed like a good price and included everything that seems to be having issues. If not this one in particular, what would you guys suggest as an alternative?

Thanks in advance!