Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Dual Topic - Forge FMIC core size? Need new Transmission in my Quattro

Old 01-28-2012, 09:18 PM
2nd Gear
Unhappy Dual Topic - Forge FMIC core size? Need new Transmission in my Quattro

I know... its been a while, but I've also retired from the Army since most of my last activity and had a lot on my plate taking care of a mother with a broken back and a stepfather having a stroke. However, glad to be back and best of wishes to you all.

As some of you know... I have two TT's; I have my original green 2001 TT Quattro that I've had for nearly 8 years now, and I also have Matt's (skitzafit) Blue FWD TT thats fully built (Engine stroked, new valves, springs, pistons, cam, rods... GT3076r turbo, 3" turbo back Exhaust, Blistein PSS-9 coilovers, etc.
Well the Forge FMIC from the blue FWD has a split in the top of the core. I was looking at the FMIC and I began wondering just what size the Forge FMIC was; anyone know? couldn't find it in any searches here, the other AF forum, or VWVortex

Next... The Green Quattro TT locked up in 1st gear a few weeks ago and although the shifter will change between reverse, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd... the trans is still in 1st the whole time (except reverse... in reverse the engine just revs)... I'd hoped it was just synchros, but it turns out its ALL the synchros & I need a new transmission which my Audi guy found and quoted me $2800 including parts and labor.

That price sound right? I typically trust this guy... he's a 25 yr veteran of VW/Audi/Porsche certified work for the dealerships and left because he disliked the way they fcuked their clients

On a good note, he also offered to put in a new clutch at NO COST in labor while he's doing the transmission... so thats good; any suggestions on a decent clutch? I've been looking at the SPEC 2+ with Steel FW. I know people have bad things to say about spec... but I just cannot afford a $1300 clutchmasters clutch on top of all this... and the ECS kit doesn't offer a steel flywheel.

Name:  Audis.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  70.0 KB

Old 01-29-2012, 12:49 AM
2nd Gear

I'm a HUGE fan of D&D / Southbend clutches. I have used their OEM discs with modified friction material in 11 second street cars with no issues. I would not pay $2800 + the cost of the clutch in 1,000,000 years.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:48 AM
1st Gear
Default Before you go into tranny's

Ive dealed with tranny problem on my ttq 225 before. first i recommend checking the bracket that sits on top of the transmission. one day i shifted into reverse, 1st and 2nd but it was recognized as neutral. Shop told me my transmission was toast. well when i came to changing it the shifter bracket was actually stripped and the teeth wouldnt grip the transmission to shift into the gears. It was all linkage... bought a $1800 6speed transmission for nothing... and i still have it, im in the process of selling it but if it doesnt work out ill PM you if its available. ill sell it less than 1k.

the price he quoted is a bit high, i was quoted around $2100. The transmission are very rare and are a massive headachae so be prepared. good luck.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:30 PM
1st Gear
Question Still need trans?

Hey my buyer is stalling on me and I have surgery soon and im in real need of funds. If your still looking for a transmission ill be happy to sell the one I have. less than 1k as I said. PM if your interested. its crated and ready to ship!