Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Overheating issue?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 12:06 PM
1st Gear
Default Overheating issue?

Okay fellas needing some help,
My 02 TT
The past couple of weeks, its been acting a little strange. I start the car and drive approx 30 or so to town and etc. I can turn the car off and go inside a store etc. come right back out (less than 5 mins) and the car will not start. Temp gauge shows on the higher side, between half mark and the H (I can hear the electronic water pump running) If I sit in the parking spot for approx 15 more mins. I can then start the car. Like it has cooled itself down. (I did change the fan module) Anyone have any ideas on what may be going on? ((I get no check engine light, and coolant is full)

(I changed the fan module because I was sitting in a drive thru and the car just shut off, I had to wait approx 20 mins to get it to start again. I tried to keep an eye on the fans and noticed they were not coming on. So I purchased a fan module and now they seem to come on. Not for long periods of time though. Seem a little spurratic.)(though they may be working properly now)

I have not checked any hoses or radiator to see if they are hot or cold yet once problem has occured, but I will do so, in the mean time any advice or etc. would be appreciated!