Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

F%&# this hesitation!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 10:58 PM
2nd Gear
Default F%&# this hesitation!!!!!!!

Well you might remember awhile ago I was having a hesitation problem around 3000-3800 rpm. after some testing, it was concluded to be the MAF because when I unpluged it and drove the car seemed to be fine. So I got a new one, after installing it it seemed to pretty much fix it but there were times I still noticed some hesitation but I assumed the ecu needed to adapt to the new MAF.

Well here I am weeks later still getting hesitation, not as bad as before but still extremely annoying. When I first had this problem, I tried to get vagcom to find something, but nothing... I did find that when I turn on the onset control on my boost controller, it seemes to get rid of the hesitation pretty much completly.

I would just leave the onset turned up but the boost is very jerky especially under low boost or light throttle, so I justkeepit off.

If anyone can solve this horrible mystery I would be so happy!

Old 09-13-2007, 11:23 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: F%&# this hesitation!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: eliTTe

Well you might remember awhile ago I was having a hesitation problem around 3000-3800 rpm. after some testing, it was concluded to be the MAF because when I unpluged it and drove the car seemed to be fine. So I got a new one, after installing it it seemed to pretty much fix it but there were times I still noticed some hesitation but I assumed the ecu needed to adapt to the new MAF.

Well here I am weeks later still getting hesitation, not as bad as before but still extremely annoying. When I first had this problem, I tried to get vagcom to find something, but nothing... I did find that when I turn on the onset control on my boost controller, it seemes to get rid of the hesitation pretty much completly.

I would just leave the onset turned up but the boost is very jerky especially under low boost or light throttle, so I justkeepit off.

If anyone can solve this horrible mystery I would be so happy!
Sounds like you and I have the same issue. I'll be accelerating normally and ~3500 rpm the car just for a split second feels like it loses all its power and then comes right back. Makes for a very jerky ride. Seems to lessen when the car is warmed up and driver fora while. Higher rpms are no prob, but I do have a funny idle which I posted a while back. I still think it's an air leak somewhere.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:45 PM
2nd Gear

Its so annoying, I have searched on vortex and it seems like everyone has a different solution, from the N249 bypasst to a FMIC fixing it[>:]

there is just a endless amout of things that it could be. I really wish I could get this fixed before H2o but it doesn't look like thats happening anytime soon

Old 09-14-2007, 12:23 AM
4th Gear

yea i have the same thing... accelerates hard to ~3300-3500 rpm and dies only til ~3800-3900 and the is off to the races again.... weird

Old 09-14-2007, 03:54 AM
1st Gear

I know it's a shot in the dark, but do you have a K&N or other oil type filter? The way the new MAF fixed it and then it came back would fit with the possibility than the filter oil is collecting on the MAF and fouling it. That is a common problem with oiled filters on all vehicles with MAF sensors.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:24 AM

modifications cause many problems but that's life what you need to do is connect your laptop and run the VAG software while on the move to log the data this will give you a better idea of the causethen you can change things to over come the problem

Old 09-14-2007, 08:08 AM

Great advice Dave. How we feeling?

Is this hesitation happening as you pull through 3500 rpms or if you're cruising in 3rd at 3500 and jump on the gas?

Old 09-14-2007, 08:30 AM
4th Gear

it happens to me while pulling only because easy driving i stay under 3k rpms

Old 09-14-2007, 08:31 AM

im a lot better thanksif the problem is as you describe its more like back pressure or dead spot on the throttle body due to the mods done ( throttle body could be the problem ) so consider a larger port throttle body to allow more air in, others might call it boost lose at those rpms but in most cases its down to mods or the lack of them

Old 09-14-2007, 12:03 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: theTTkid

it happens to me while pulling only because easy driving i stay under 3k rpms
Same with me. Only when i'm starting from a standstill or slow speed. Cruising~3000rpmand then hard acceleration is perfectly smooth. You mention mods, but I don't have any. I would check for some kind of unmetered air leak. That's what i've got planned next week now that i've got a couple of days off in a row. All vacuum hoses, intake manifoldgasket, timing belt, water pump. etc.

TTkid does your car have a rough/slightly bouncingidle?

Quick Reply: F%&# this hesitation!!!!!!!