Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Finally got my spark plugs changed. Holy cow.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 12:06 AM
5th Gear
Default Finally got my spark plugs changed. Holy cow.

I was running about a .055 gap, considering I didn't really have much of a center electrode anymore. Anywhere the spark did manage to gap was eroded pretty badly too, and they were generally cruddy, even on the outside. One even looked like maybe the ceramic had cracked, and the outside of the plug was sooting up a little. The car has 127,000 miles on it now, and I bet this will be the third set of plugs to go into the car. I'm actually excited to be getting up for work tomorrow, and driving 2 hours to Albany. They guys at H2O know how bad my car was getting, if I stepped on the gas hard, I'd throw a flashing CEL while the car bucked and studdered like crazy. I am psyched!

Old 10-03-2007, 10:22 AM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Finally got my spark plugs changed. Holy cow.

talk about bad maintence on the car by the previous owner. I thought you would of had all that taken care of withen a week of having the car.

Old 10-03-2007, 02:46 PM
2nd Gear

quick question about plugs, for the mods that i have listed on my sig. should i go for 1 range colder or should i stay in the stock range?

if 1 range colder should i gap them differently i seen 0.028 gap as opposed to the normal gap on the car?

any thougts would be great ...

PS TO CINCY -- you are missed greatly in vwvortex lmao .. they are calling out to you -- paged on a thread ... awww... :P

Old 10-03-2007, 02:53 PM
I'm make believe

If you are chipped you deffinatly need to lower the gap to .028 and then with more bolt ons you should go to heat range colder.

I saw it, they act like i dont still read the stuff. They can take the shots if they want, but i laugh everytime i read over there now. Some things that are posted just kill me. My personal fav is the big intake debate between sh!tshack and P-flow. WHat is funnier is that the p-flo kills the vtda in the upper rpms (charted and posted in the thread) and someone posted how great the vdta is up there. So they can talk about intakes and how a gt-whatever will be a bolt on

Old 10-03-2007, 02:59 PM
2nd Gear

Ok, i got the one range cooler but the gap is probably no 0.028. YARG!! [:@] the d@mn NGK iridium plugs that i got need some kidn of a a special gap measuring tool and then yet another gaping tool that i cannot find !!!! any ideas ?

lmao !!! i posted on that cincy :P .. i think i also postd that i like my VTDA hahah ... no worries. i agree that pflo is better, hence the better rate of flow.

but i dont feel like paying extra for the name :P

i was reading andf laughing at their post too... its like they got nothing better to talk about other than who can spam and bicker better than who lol ...

Old 10-03-2007, 03:05 PM
I'm make believe

what plugs did you buy? you shouldnt have to gap the iridiums, because you cant gap them

IK22 is for the chipped and more modified
IK20 is for stock cars.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:58 PM
2nd Gear

im at work right now... i stil have the oem box for the plugs, i will check the model and make name.

the shop pulled the stock ones and then when i told them i was chipped etc.. the guy came out and gave me a heat range colder ... sd that on his inv pc it said that they are for the TT model year etc ..

but when i get home ill repost with the info on the box ... and we'll go from there

Old 10-03-2007, 05:04 PM
2nd Gear

ok so i got the spark plugs.

the ones pulled from car (dealer claimed to have replaced them) they have the following markings : ngk R BKR5E

and the ones that i bought are : BKR7EIX

im not sure where to look for the #s you specified.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:15 PM
I'm make believe

Those are not stock plugs, stock are PQF6 or something like that, or a factory replacement would be the BKR6's. The ones in your car are hotter than the stock plugs. You should be lucky nothing broke! The plugs you got are what you want

Old 10-03-2007, 05:32 PM
2nd Gear

ok so the retards at the dealer put in the wrong plugs .... how nice. ill make sure that i confront them about that.

so the Iridium plugs that i got are good to go? You think those are gapped to 0.028?

Quick Reply: Finally got my spark plugs changed. Holy cow.