AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi TT (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-tt-7/)
-   -   Getting new mods but quality questions (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-tt-7/getting-new-mods-but-quality-questions-72942/)

LovemyAudi 08-22-2007 05:01 AM

Getting new mods but quality questions

Im getting some more mods after getting "inspired" by some of the posts here ..

I was first debating about getting an intercooler sprayer by nitrous express but decided to get the water/meth injection from USRT (a link posted by Cincy).. .but a question .. can i just get the stage 1 kit or do i have to get stage 2 ifi dont have a chip in my car (because it said "for all factory ECUs") THE LINK: http://usrallyteam.com/wainj.htmlI guess this would be a question to Cincy

Another thing I was considering was my exhaust... i havnt done anything for my exhaust yet but i dont want to get a complete exhaust kit but just something for sound purposes and maybe a little more free flow. I was thinking about getting just a muffler and welding it on and getting a downpipe ... i first searched ebay ("audi TT muffler") but i got some cheap ones ... are those okay with sound and etc or waste of money?

any suggestions on cheapest way to get a better sounding exhaust?

thanks !

theTTkid 08-22-2007 01:25 PM

RE: Getting new mods but quality questions

what mods do you have now? because if you dont have any water/meth would be a waste right now but good later on

.clipse 08-22-2007 01:42 PM

ORIGINAL: LovemyAudi

any suggestions on cheapest way to get a better sounding exhaust?

thanks !
a.) Downpipe
b.) Testpipe
c.) Remove resonator
d.) open exhaust :D

theTTkid 08-22-2007 01:48 PM

a.) Downpipe
b.) Testpipe
c.) Remove resonator
= loud... im looking to get a blueflame.. look them up on google video or something

.clipse 08-22-2007 01:58 PM

ORIGINAL: theTTkid

a.) Downpipe
b.) Testpipe
c.) Remove resonator
= loud... im looking to get a blueflame.. look them up on google video or something
nooo. don't join the darkside and get a DUAL EXHAUST :(

cincyTT 08-22-2007 02:46 PM

You can do a stage 1 if you like. Its jsut cheaper in the long run to get the stage 2 as a kit. The main differnence is that the stage 2 kit controls the spray injected and when better than the stage 1 kit so you maximize the fuil used and at its greatest potential. So if you just want to do stage 1 now, thats fine. Just make sure you get the MAF kit (proactive) instead of the MAP (reactive).

But i would get a chip also. Those two together will give you great gains and so will a full exhaust. If you have a FWD car, the ebay 2 peice dp are very good and you can get the for $100-110 shipped.

So chip, dp and water/meth or catback pending on choice/money.

theTTkid 08-22-2007 03:15 PM

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: theTTkid

[blockquote]quote:

a.) Downpipe
b.) Testpipe
c.) Remove resonator
d.) open exhaust :D [/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

nooo. don't join the darkside and get a DUAL EXHAUST :(
i could custominze it and stick with a single!! :D

cincyTT 08-22-2007 09:02 PM

SINGLES RULE!!!

LovemyAudi 08-22-2007 09:33 PM

Well these are the mods that i already have on it:
mbc +diode
intake
turbosmart bov
and thats probably everything that ive put on it so far (performance wise)

hmm now that i think about i should just go with the chip (is it ok w/ the mbc or do i have to remove it?) and im def. interested in the down pipe + the stage 2 kit... if its better in the long run then thats what ill stick with ...thx

LovemyAudi 08-22-2007 09:35 PM

oh and for the exhaust i want to keep the single pipe sorry .clipse ... the darkside is just so damn tempting .. i really want to get a new exhaust or just customize it. I'll probably go with the down pipe and the test pipe ... will the test pipe make it TOO loud ... i dont like it TOO LOUD but def. louder than stock...

cincyTT 08-22-2007 09:59 PM

clipse and i are the single pipe guys. Forgot you had a diode. Get a full exhaust and go from there.

LovemyAudi 08-22-2007 10:36 PM

I was doing some chip research .. have you guys heard of inmotion chip for the tt?

M FLYTT 08-23-2007 12:25 AM

i got a 3" downpipe, no cat no resonator and magnaflow muffler, dual exhaust (the darkside shall prevail) and its not very loud at all... a lot of people said i would lose low end performance but i dont think i have at all... and i think it sounds great

Wintermute 08-23-2007 12:17 PM

Blueflame is quiet. I heard one of the 225 at waterfest.

cincyTT 08-23-2007 02:12 PM

ORIGINAL: M FLYTT
a lot of people said i would lose low end performance but i dont think i have at all...
When you have a turbo that spools at just over 2k rpm's, how can you loose low end tq? (retorical)

cincyTT 08-23-2007 02:13 PM

ORIGINAL: LovemyAudi

I was doing some chip research .. have you guys heard of inmotion chip for the tt?
The a4 guys use them and seem to like them. For more info, do some searching over there.

LovemyAudi 08-23-2007 05:56 PM

I think im going to give it a try .. plus im not going to be paying for it ... my birthday is coming up and my parents asked me what i wanted and i sayed CHIP! ofcourse i dont want to overdue it with an APR chip ... that would be nice tho...

Murderface 08-23-2007 07:20 PM

SINGLES RULE!!!
That's like saying buttholes rule. Notice my single-haterness [sm=smiley16.gif]

ofcourse i dont want to overdue it with an APR chip ... that would be nice tho...
Don't all chips pretty much cost the same for stock turbo programs? And besides, APR isn't very aggressive with their programming in the first place compared to other companies.

cincyTT 08-23-2007 07:23 PM

You can hate all you want, but we all still know where your roots are ;)

Murderface 08-23-2007 08:11 PM

You can hate all you want, but we all still know where your roots are ;)
The first car I ever drove had duals ;)

cincyTT 08-23-2007 08:21 PM

YOur TT doesnt