Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Help - Locking the car with the key fob and the hazard lights stay solidly on!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 01:14 PM
1st Gear
Default Help - Locking the car with the key fob and the hazard lights stay solidly on!

Help Please,

My girlfriends Audi TT 1.8 2001 plate has started experiencing a fault with the Hazard lights/indicators.

Problem 1: About 2 months ago the indicators started playing about they would flash very quickly, slowly, turn themselves off or not come on at all even though the stalk was in the correct up/down posistion. Turn the hazards on however and they are fine. This problem is still ongoing,

Problem 2: When we lock the vehicle with the key fob the hazard lights stay on not flashing though just solidly on they will stay on until the key is put into the engine and the ignition switched on. This is an ongoing problem to which is causing us not to lock it,

Background:

Problem 2 arised a couple of days after the AA "broke" into the vehicle, long story short i locked the keys in the boot. The AA first tried picking the locks but it was deadlocked, then they tried a blow up bag on the window to pull the lock this didnt work, in the end he managed to get a bar on the bonnet realease cable, opened the bonnet and took out the air box, he then took a feed from the battery to the reverse gear (I think) to give the vehicle power. Then we opened the windows and climbed into the boot.

Help:

Is problem 1 connected to problem 2 or are they two separate issues and problem 2 is a direct result of breaking into the car if so how do I fix it???

Please help i dont want to go to the main dealer.

Thanks

Michael