AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi TT (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-tt-7/)
-   -   Huyndai Tiburons (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-tt-7/huyndai-tiburons-100352/)

aalqadaffi 04-28-2008 02:15 AM

Huyndai Tiburons

I always get the feeling that the drivers of these car think they are fast. Are they in fact fast cars? They're always painted in loud attention grabbing colors. I raced one today and spanked him. I saw he had a bunch of gauges and what not. My car is stock, but it was just really sad how bad I beat him. Anyway just wondering. If they are fast, what are they usually pitted against?

theTTkid 04-28-2008 08:01 AM

RE: Huyndai Tiburons

they arent fast.... they are quick but not fast.

pretty sure they have a v6. put a turbo though in that and it will be very nice

dale55 04-28-2008 09:43 AM

ORIGINAL: aalqadaffi

I always get the feeling that the drivers of these car think they are fast. Are they in fact fast cars? They're always painted in loud attention grabbing colors. I raced one today and spanked him. I saw he had a bunch of gauges and what not. My car is stock, but it was just really sad how bad I beat him. Anyway just wondering. If they are fast, what are they usually pitted against?
They do have a V6. They are pretty heavy tho so they are not very fast. Not much available for them on the market to improve performance either.

dale

scoTT la rock 04-28-2008 10:52 AM

i saw one of those yesterday on the road and thought to myself "wow they totally stole the TT gascap!"

.clipse 04-28-2008 12:47 PM

tiburons indeed do have a V6.

but here it comes, Korean engineering at it's finest.....

at a whopping 138 bhp, 136 tq... with 6 cylinders folks.

Skipponator 04-28-2008 12:52 PM

I think they are great looking cars with the right exterior mods, and they are kinda slow, got a buddy with one and it's supercharged, but no idea how quick it is because he had to leave for a few months since the install. But here is a vid of him and I at the track:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yx1ZtMpgQw

cincyTT 04-28-2008 01:52 PM

ORIGINAL: .clipse

The 6cyl has like 180hp and the 4cyl should be at those numbers. But yes, the V6 is slow as balls. It is a nice looking car both inside and out, but resale value and lack of parts make them not worth it. We will let MYSLOW1 throw in his 2 cents.

BTW, there is a few turbo kits for the 4cyl that can make the faster, and a supercharger for the 6cyl.

Zach_H2OocMD 04-28-2008 10:54 PM

my friend got his tib for 19,000 a 4cl autoits so freaking slow. but he thinks its fast with his tuscani badgesand new exhaust his younger brother can spank him in his less expensive heavy ass Cadillac DTS lol

myslow1 04-29-2008 12:37 AM

ORIGINAL: .clipse

tiburons indeed do have a V6.

but here it comes, Korean engineering at it's finest.....

um... no. 168whp stock. yes its a 6-cylinder but it is a 2.7 liter. They are not that heavy a awd TT weighs more.
v6 with a 6-speed gear box.
there is a large market for aftermarket parts you can turbo or supercharge them and there are plenty of bolt ons. NGM is a big one...

at the end of the day though. its a hyundai and its fwd. *sigh* and i drive one..... *heavy sigh*

oh well

Murderface 04-29-2008 12:55 AM

um... no. 168whp stock. yes its a 6-cylinder but it is a 2.7 liter.
Please don't use BHP and WHP interchangeably [:@]

Anyway my buddy just picked up an '08 V6. He really wanted a Cobalt SS or a 350Z but he couldn't afford them or the insurance or something because he ended up with a tib. So of course he took me for a ride...

First gear actually has some juice. It pulls enough to get your neck moving backwards a little bit...but definitely not enough to throw you in your seat. For a comparison, when people drive my car with me riding shotgun, I get thrown back and freeze up staring at the road. When I ride shotgun in my buddy's 300ZX TT, I get legitimately scared.

Second gear the tib just starts to crap out. Not really pulling by then. By third it's just done.