Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

I fixed my Comfort Control Module... You might wanna read before you drop a 'G'

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 06:03 PM
1st Gear

Could there be a connection? I have the red led lights on at the top of both doors. My remote doesn't work. The night light works normal when I open and close the door. Also, my battery runs down after a couple of days in the garage. Is there any full proof troubleshooting I can narrow this down to? Also, how do you access the controller? Through the trunk or from inside and behind the passenger's seat? I have a 2004 TT. Thanks.

Old 04-25-2017, 05:05 PM
1st Gear
Default Where

Originally Posted by dunkstas
I just bought my 2001 TT, 225hp Convertible... On the transport truck here it took a heavy rain and the back window was separating at the top corners. And of course, like now I've read in hundreds of posts, my Central Locking Module is fried. I spent a lot of time and research learning about the problem and trying to find a mechanic to fix it. Here's the skinny, installed - best price $830, highest $940 (Audi Dealer). Best part only price ECSTuning $421...
On a whim, I pulled the Module out myself, removed the cover and soaked the circuit board in isobutyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol). For about an hour as I watched TV I used a semi stiff brush (from my beard trimmer) and scrubbed the areas that had oxidation (rust) or discoloring. I dried the board with my girl's hair dryer on the cool setting and let it sit overnight.
Popped that badboy in the next morning and guess what... EVERYTHING works now! Now I just need to get me key FOB reprogrammed and I'm good to go. Thinkin bout buyin VAG-COM from Ross-Tech and never calling the Dealership again. Sooooo, before you drop nearly $1000 of your hard earned cash on an over-priced part that isn't NEAR as difficult an installation as some will have you believe, try cleaning it with alcohol. I hope this works for someone else and I can pass on a little good karma to my fellow "every dollar counts" Audi fans.
Where is the ccm on the 2000 Audi TT coupe?

Old 04-20-2019, 06:32 PM
1st Gear
Default Thank you

I am glad to find your post years later and changed the CCM. It corrected the problem. I would not have tried without coming across this post. Thank you thank you.

Old 08-12-2020, 02:33 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by dunkstas
I just bought my 2001 TT, 225hp Convertible... On the transport truck here it took a heavy rain and the back window was separating at the top corners. And of course, like now I've read in hundreds of posts, my Central Locking Module is fried. I spent a lot of time and research learning about the problem and trying to find a mechanic to fix it. Here's the skinny, installed - best price $830, highest $940 (Audi Dealer). Best part only price ECSTuning $421...
On a whim, I pulled the Module out myself, removed the cover and soaked the circuit board in isobutyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol). For about an hour as I watched TV I used a semi stiff brush (from my beard trimmer) and scrubbed the areas that had oxidation (rust) or discoloring. I dried the board with my girl's hair dryer on the cool setting and let it sit overnight.
Popped that badboy in the next morning and guess what... EVERYTHING works now! Now I just need to get me key FOB reprogrammed and I'm good to go. Thinkin bout buyin VAG-COM from Ross-Tech and never calling the Dealership again. Sooooo, before you drop nearly $1000 of your hard earned cash on an over-priced part that isn't NEAR as difficult an installation as some will have you believe, try cleaning it with alcohol. I hope this works for someone else and I can pass on a little good karma to my fellow "every dollar counts" Audi fans.
I have a 2002 TT convertible and had to buy a used central locking control module. Can it be tested before I install it? I need to be sure it's ok.

Old 04-11-2021, 06:28 AM
1st Gear

Wonder if anyone might have any advice. This is a looong story (with all attendant learning curve, sigh, lol) so i'l keep it as short as poss. : My TT Roadster CCM went down in Nov '20 (after 24 hours major rain and a trip on a car transporter to my local garage).

5 main elements not working: Windows not fully closing up / interior lights don't come on when door opened / boot / petrol cap / roof doesn't work.

1) Garage mechanic was unable to get it working. But on my drive home everything started working with windows dropping slightly then going back up flush?? Two days later... nothing.

2) Left the sitch until better UK weather to try and tackle (using advice from forums such as this). Early Apr got new garage to get the CCM out (I now can do this easily). Got some alcohol 99% and old toothbrush. No luck...

But got in car and went for a drive (car stands a lot so battery getting some power?) and interior light flickered. By the time i got home everything was working bar the windows fully closing up! Lovely!

3) Next day - nothing.

4) 9/11/21 - Took it back out, repeated clean process (note one of the pins appears very, very slightly corroded - so will check that again today). Everything started working again bar the windows closing flush.

Went out for a drive and now ONLY petrol cap and boot working... then ten mins later interior lights coming on.

It's all very frustrating as the CCM appears to want to work but is very temperamental.

Any clues from any of you good chaps out there? : )

Old 06-20-2021, 04:29 PM
1st Gear
Default Location of CCM 8N7962267A, CentralLocking Control Module, in a MK1 coupe??

Can anyone advise where the CCM ( CentralLocking Control Module, don't want to start a fight but mistakenly, AKA "Comfort Control Module" ) is located in a MK1 coupe? Know it is the B pillar somewhere, but don't know how to get to it?!! Thanks Paul

Old 06-20-2021, 04:32 PM
1st Gear

Oops, should have said, "left B pillar!! Sorry, Paul

Old 06-21-2021, 09:53 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by beej2108
Wonder if anyone might have any advice. This is a looong story (with all attendant learning curve, sigh, lol) so i'l keep it as short as poss. : My TT Roadster CCM went down in Nov '20 (after 24 hours major rain and a trip on a car transporter to my local garage).

5 main elements not working: Windows not fully closing up / interior lights don't come on when door opened / boot / petrol cap / roof doesn't work.

1) Garage mechanic was unable to get it working. But on my drive home everything started working with windows dropping slightly then going back up flush?? Two days later... nothing.

2) Left the sitch until better UK weather to try and tackle (using advice from forums such as this). Early Apr got new garage to get the CCM out (I now can do this easily). Got some alcohol 99% and old toothbrush. No luck...

But got in car and went for a drive (car stands a lot so battery getting some power?) and interior light flickered. By the time i got home everything was working bar the windows fully closing up! Lovely!

3) Next day - nothing.

4) 9/11/21 - Took it back out, repeated clean process (note one of the pins appears very, very slightly corroded - so will check that again today). Everything started working again bar the windows closing flush.

Went out for a drive and now ONLY petrol cap and boot working... then ten mins later interior lights coming on.

It's all very frustrating as the CCM appears to want to work but is very temperamental.

Any clues from any of you good chaps out there? : )
Sounds like the door switch t me.

Old 08-06-2021, 12:39 AM
1st Gear

Rubbing alcohol is Isopropyl, not Isobutyl to start. Secondly if your module was contaminated with water, you clean it with distilled water, not an alcohol, which is a solvent. Wash with distilled water and soft brush. THEN flush with Isopropyl alcohol AFTER air drying completely. I've used this method on several different forms of circuits, phone home appliances and automotive. Worked 80% of the time.

Old 09-14-2021, 07:48 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by davestt
I found that they later used a plastic box that the ccm will fit in.
Comes from an A4 2002 and up #e09273550208.
thanks much
Dave Davis
Just FYI... Dave's referenced part # (e09273550208) does not exist!!! Anyone who figures this out, Plz advise!!
Paul

Quick Reply: I fixed my Comfort Control Module... You might wanna read before you drop a 'G'