Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Im BACK!!! but I broke it already...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 10:52 PM
1st Gear
Default Im BACK!!! but I broke it already...

After several years I am back into another TT. This time I got the one I wanted, a 2002 225 6 speed mk 1. BUUUUTTTTT.... its broken and I am totally lost on how to get it going. So here is what happened maybe someone can shed some light on what to do next. I don't want to regret buying this car..

A few weeks ago I was driving home and the car lost power and check engine light came on. I got it home and checked the code. P0302 ( I think). either way it was the cylinder 2 misfire. I replaced all the coils and plus with new parts, It worked great. So driving it around the for a few days everything was fine until.... I stoped at the store and went got back int he car it wouldn't start. now I mean this. the lights came on on the dash but when you turnt he key no click no starter no nothing just dash lights. so I sat there a minute and then tried it again after a couple of tries it started but the EPC light was on and it ran like I was in limp mode. Again I made it home and this checked the code with a OBD scanner tool. I got the P2138 code. I turned the car off and back on the EPC light was gone and it ran fine. I read what the code could be and decided to change the throttle pedal. Before changing the pedal I tried to start the car in garage. Just as it did at the store it won't crank over. I tried jumping it, I checked the battery... I am lost. There were a few times in the last couple of weeks where it I would start it and it would die right away. Also the EPC light came on a few time but like the last time turning the car off and then back on it would go away.

So thoughts on what is wrong? Im all ears...