Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Long time... Clutch questions!

Old 02-17-2009, 12:55 PM
Default Long time... Clutch questions!

Howdy... Been a long time since I visited any forums (let's just say no internet/phone at work coupled with 10-12 hour work days sucks).

Cincy.. did you move?!

Anyways. Had a string of bad luck lately. The worst of the problems though is my clutch. Had to have the car towed in today after the pedal went to the floor and didn't come back up. So here I am thinking it might be a cable/slave cylinder issue. Well hydraulic clutch = no cable, and the Audi mechanic told me there is no slave/master cylinder problem to worry about... hmmmm, what?

They told me it was a "hydraulic bearing". What is that? Maybe he meant release bearing? or Throw-out bearing? I'm confused. The quote was roughly $3200. ouch.

Symptoms have been: For the past month, first drive in the morning the clutch pedal would stick down half way and have to be brought up with the foot. This would happen about twice a week and wouldn't return after the first driving away in the morning. I attributed this to the cold weather. doh.

Any help is appreciated.

Chad

Old 02-17-2009, 06:34 PM

this should give you a good idea of what the clutch assembly looks like.

www.kisolutionz.com/ttforum/clutchinfo.pdf

$3200 sounds like a rip. looks like you'll need special tools though.