Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

mirror switch

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 11:04 AM
1st Gear
Default mirror switch

so I was driving my MKI before I went to Germany for work. I went to adjust my mirror and broke the switch if any one has one laying around or knows where I can get one cheap please let me know

thanks in advance

Old 08-25-2014, 12:26 PM
1st Gear

I actually fixed my switch instead of paying for a new one. I am assuming you broke off the small plastic stem that attaches the **** to the switch.

First, you'll need a small drill bit (I don't remember the size I used as I have the whole set for a needle vise drill bits (used by model builders). Then you'll need to buy a screw that is about half the diameter of the plastic stem. You then drill a smaller hole into **** stem, just enough so you can screw in the screw into the ****. Before you screw it in, place a dab of epoxy in the hole. Cur off the head of the screw (leaving enough threaded material for the switch side), and drill another hole into the stem of the switch. Use your drill bit to measure the length of screw you will need for the switch side and cut accordingly. Make sure you know where the switch is pointed to (Left, Center or Right). Place a dab of epoxy in the switch side stem hole and screw the **** in making sure the arrow (of ****) is pointing to where the switch is positioned. Let cure for 12 hours. For maximum adhesion, do not use 5-minute epoxies. Also make sure you put only enough epoxy that it does not spill out into the switch as it will bind everything.

The switch I've fixed has been in there for 2 years now.