Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

My 2003 tt stopped moving and I need advice on what might be wrong and my options

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 06:41 PM
1st Gear
Default My 2003 tt stopped moving and I need advice on what might be wrong and my options

Ok hey everyone my names Thomas . And I need help please I don't know enough about my car to not get screwed over by a mechanic .
My issue is my 2003 Audi TT 180 two wheel drive has completely just stopped moving. I was driving down the road at about 45 mph and it just died. Stopped in its tracks lost all power and will not fire back up. A friend has told me that my timing skipped but my timing belt isn't broken. If I hold tension on the timing belt and bump my ignition the car will attempt to crank. ( I did this once and only once) . Dealership is telling me my engine is blown. Valves bent most likely. A mechanic for foreign cars isn't saying that could be the case or it could not. That since the belt didn't break everything my have stopped dead and not collided. My options I have been givin are replace water pump and belt and if the car cranks its fine. If it doesn't it's blown and my engine needs a rebuild or replacement. Does anyone have information on this ? And if so what is my best option and pathway to having my car back. I love that car to death and plan on keeping her forever. I just don't wanna bleed my wallet to death on the process. Please help me