Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

neuspeed p-flo

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 01:17 AM
1st Gear
Default neuspeed p-flo

Does anybody have the neuspeed p-flo intake installed or have any opinions on it? It looks like a nice set up, and I'm actually more thinking about making one myself. My dad's a shop teacher so I have access to sheet metal and tools for the metal shield, and I could probably pick up the filters at Schucks or somewhere. I'd be interested to see pics if anybody has one installed.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:45 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: neuspeed p-flo

I see people selling those on dub forums a lot, don't hear many good things bout them. People tend to think that heatshield's about useless.

And they're pretty much right. No intake setup will get you more than a few hp, usually it'll get you a cool sound and better throttle response though.

I'd say fab one up yourself or invest in the Modshack VTDA:
http://www.modshack.info/VTDA.htm

That's pretty well regarded to be the best intake for the TT and will run you about $230.

I just drilled out my stock box. That and a K&N filter panel oughta do the trick.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:29 PM
I'm make believe

I think the p-flo just looks sad with the pointless cover. all it really is, is an ad for neuspeed.

A better alternative and only about $150 here

Old 07-10-2007, 01:34 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Smecker

Does anybody have the neuspeed p-flo intake installed or have any opinions on it? It looks like a nice set up, and I'm actually more thinking about making one myself. My dad's a shop teacher so I have access to sheet metal and tools for the metal shield, and I could probably pick up the filters at Schucks or somewhere. I'd be interested to see pics if anybody has one installed.
I don't think there is enough thermal insulation from the engine bay heat with that particular intake. The best intake would have a combination of a high flowing air filter (V-stack style), with a wide enough opening, yet somehow insulated from the heat generated and circulated in the engine bay. I would highly recommed the Modshack VTDA for this purpose. However, this is best combined with adding front cold air feeds (a TTDA design), which are aircraft-quality tubes that force feed air from behind one of the lower driver's side grilles, behind the headlight and up into the engine bay. However, this require you have a 180 or a 225 w/ aftermarket FMIC, as youcan't have a stock SMICin that position.Also, I recommend these lower engine bay trim-- this will allow more air to circulate in and out of the engine bay, without letting water (from rain or carwashes) in. Also, you will hear your DV and turbo-spool better.

As far as I know, in regards to intakes, it's not only about decreasing restriction but also decreasing temps as much as possible. A good cold air induction system, coupled with temp decreasing mods such as DV relocation, FMIC, FMIC misters, silicone hoses all around, Intake manifold with phenolic spacer.. should apparently give your car more usable power across the RPM range.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm make believe

you do realize that the turbo is going to heavily increase the intake temps regardless if the filter is sucking in 100* or 70* air? The intercooler will cool the charge down to the same iat regardless of the air temp going into the filter.

turbo cars = flow > intake temps

engineers and wanna be engineers = [sm=icon_blah.gif]