Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

New cheap 225 downpipe? anybody try it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 11:53 AM
1st Gear

I see they offer a full race version with no cat and one with a 200 element high flow cat. They are even working on a full exhaust system that bolts up to it. That is a hot. Looks like its well made too. If I didn't live in California I'd buy one.

Old 03-18-2012, 01:36 PM
1st Gear

i am getting hot over this, his web said they sold quite a few already, i want the 200 cell catted pipe since changing is a pain, not to mention alignment cost, my guess as with any upscale car parts sell for more even though build cost is no more, just like the old caddys, the same chev starter with a different # sold for twice the money, RIP OFF for sure. i would change my 3" offroad to 2.5" onroad setup in an hr, thats with slip inside pipes, again the beauty of rust free 300 series stainless, 10 yrs and 175,000 on the pipes hard to believe they can survive that well, it is well worth the money if you keep cars a while like i do

Old 08-21-2012, 09:40 PM
1st Gear

just an update for those only wanting a downpipe, APR will sell it alone, you must call on the phone for it. i decided i would like the direct replacement decat pipes i see on the UK TT forum, that way i can bolt it on and off for offroad use

Old 08-30-2012, 02:24 AM
1st Gear

I removed my 180 hp Stock DP and replaced it with the 42 dd one without dropping the subframe

Old 08-30-2012, 01:27 PM
1st Gear

changing the 180 FWD is cake, same as my vw 1.8T jetta, with the 304 stainless setup i had it was off several times in 10 yrs pa winters driven 175,000 miles i will bet the farm coated or the 42DD would be trash!! my pipes were discolored thats all, 42DD should at least use 409 stainless throughout, thats what magnaflow gives lifetime warranty on

Old 09-09-2012, 02:03 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by rodhotter
changing the 180 FWD is cake, same as my vw 1.8T jetta, with the 304 stainless setup i had it was off several times in 10 yrs pa winters driven 175,000 miles i will bet the farm coated or the 42DD would be trash!! my pipes were discolored thats all, 42DD should at least use 409 stainless throughout, thats what magnaflow gives lifetime warranty on
have had a 42DD a few winters now now I do not get as much snow as the NE but living on the border of NC/VA 12 miles from the Blue Ridge we can get a lot some winters and mine looks great if yours is working for you great but if you want the most from a down pipe 42DD is the one to go for.....

Old 09-10-2012, 06:43 PM
1st Gear

i decided to get or have built a direct replacement catless dual pipes into one for off road use, i have seen these on the uk forum from several dealers but not in the US. i will never buy aluminized steel exhaust coated or not, my $$ my choice!!! as for the apr 3" system the dealer said be aware of heavy resonation!!!

Old 09-10-2012, 06:57 PM
1st Gear

always go with what you think is right . i do..... unless it is free and even then if it is not a quality product I say no.....

good move not sure what the APR is but a "high count 200" is very good.....

make a sound clip of it

Old 10-05-2012, 12:38 PM
1st Gear

Never posted here before but am in the same boat as others here with need of a reasonable stainless down pipe.
I have the 42DD on mine, they didn't offer the Hot Coat when I bought it so I sent it to them. Looked great but just had my car in to get ready for some other upgrades and they tell me the down pipe and cat pipe are pretty much shot. I've had it 4 years or so and we use a lot of salt here in Columbus, OH in the winter time so I'm sure that's the main culprit.

I may give APR a call. That's the chip I have and it's been great!

Old 10-05-2012, 11:22 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by sTTickman
Never posted here before but am in the same boat as others here with need of a reasonable stainless down pipe.
I have the 42DD on mine, they didn't offer the Hot Coat when I bought it so I sent it to them. Looked great but just had my car in to get ready for some other upgrades and they tell me the down pipe and cat pipe are pretty much shot. I've had it 4 years or so and we use a lot of salt here in Columbus, OH in the winter time so I'm sure that's the main culprit.

I may give APR a call. That's the chip I have and it's been great!
if it has only been 4 years would give 42DD a call get some pictures of your down pipe winters or not if I was told "pretty much shot" I would want to see it either rusting and take pictures...... call send pictures see if there is something they can do for you.....

Quick Reply: New cheap 225 downpipe? anybody try it?