Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

New Member - 1st of 2 dumb questions: Roadster Boot Cover Install?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 11:20 AM
1st Gear
Default New Member - 1st of 2 dumb questions: 2001 Roadster Boot Cover Install?

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and a first time TT owner (2001 Roadster). I've tried several searches but can't find the right combination of key words to see if this has been discussed previously.

I just realized I have no idea how to install the convertible top cover when the top is down and I failed to ask the dealer I purchased the car from. I can't figure out where the elastic bands connect. Also, I can't tell if I need to lower the rear glass wind deflector to do the install.

Any help or a link to an owners manual would be much appreciated.

As a follow-up to this, I can't tell if the rear glass wind deflector is supposed to go down or if so, what conditions/interlocks are enabled disabled. I see the switch between the seats that presumably looks like it is supposed to lower the glass, but that switch does not seem to work. If it's broken, I'll take it back to the shop to correct, but maybe there is an interlock I am unfamiliar with?

Thanks for any help in advance,

Jon

Last edited by Valid8r; 03-26-2013 at 12:05 PM. Reason: edited title to specify year...
Old 03-28-2013, 10:23 AM
1st Gear

There are bungy cord type things under the back in the car. Pull down on those and attach them over the "bumps" on the tonneau cover. Then lower the front of the tonneau down over the body of the car - you need to have the doors open. The tonneau snaps in to features at the top of the body of the car just behind the door seam.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:09 AM
1st Gear

And yes, they glass is suppose to go up and down. You have to manually hold the button up (for up) and down (for down). It doesn't do much help for the 'wind' but it looks cool cosmetically with the top down So yes, let them make the repair for you! And my cover stays in the attic. Maybe if I ever decided to sell my car (which I HIGHLY doubt, because I love this fun little car so much) then the new owners may want it. I have no time to put the cover on when I'm just in a hurry to get the top down and get my wind on lol

Old 03-28-2013, 03:42 PM
1st Gear

MCP - thanks. The bungie/elastic straps are actually on the tonneau cover, are you saying they get attached to the underside of the rear body panel? I do see where the left and right front portions of the cover snap into the plastic near the front... It's those straps that I can't figure out...

I'll just play around with it some more though, I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Thanks for the reply.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:43 PM
1st Gear

ImOwte - thanks for the reply. I'll give the glass another try and see if I can get it to do something.

Jon