Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Non-Audi dealer looking for info on TT we just traded for

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 02:26 PM
1st Gear
Default Non-Audi dealer looking for info on TT we just traded for

We just traded for a 2004 TT Roadster . 6 speed, turbo, 28k, etc. We are not an Audi dealer and I am mostly a Subaru guy so I wanted to give some info and pictures of this vehicle to see if these modifications are quality ones. I tried to do some searching for more information, but wanted to see what Audi owners/enthusiasts had to say about them (suspension, wheels, brakes).

We have a couple people at the dealership thinking about buying the car and I was hoping to gather some feedback on the types of things that appear to be on this vehicle.

Here is part of the description I have typed up of this vehicle:

I believe the color on this one is Dolomite Gray. It has the 6 speed transmission, leather interior, Bose CD, original owner's manuals, Ronal Wheels with BF Goodrich G Force Sport tires (good condition), rear spoiler, rubber floor mats, power windows/mirrors, ESP, heated seats, automatic climate controls, Stasis Rotors, Alcon racing brake front calipers, ohlins suspension expansion tubes (may be part of an APR/Stasis Track Sport suspension).

I am not sure if the rest of the APR system is on the car, but know that the ohlins expansion tubes are part of that setup and with the brake system also having some Stasis parts, it may also be that the full suspension set up was put on as well.

A couple of pictures are here:

Name:  IMG_1.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  115.2 KB
Name:  IMG_4400.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  142.5 KB
Name:  IMG_4409.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  87.9 KB
Name:  IMG_4417.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  52.2 KB
Name:  IMG_4443.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  87.2 KB

Any information as to the quality of these additions (if they are truly non factory items), the actual cost of this stuff (it might be different from what I saw in a quick online search), and any other random pros/cons of these things are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by GraysonAuto; 04-17-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:39 PM
1st Gear

Both the Ohlins and Alcon kits are $$$$$ and absolutely NOT factory/stock. Very high quality parts! Car is certainly chipped as well, there are several options out there so narrowing down which one would be interesting.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:47 PM
1st Gear

I was pretty sure on the Ohlins (I had that on my old sportbikes) was added and didn't think the Alcon stuff was factory just by the look of it compared the the housing in the rear caliper.

Any way to find out the chipped information?

I have disclosed some of the additions online already, but was not sure of the value of the items and just guessed by what I saw on a couple sites.

I think we have it priced fairly (under retail even with the additions), but wanted to get some input on the additions from Audi people rather than my guessing and google searches

Old 04-17-2009, 02:57 PM
1st Gear

Well valuing used aftermarket components is very difficult, and modifications resale value is very low (often 1/4 to 1/2 new retail). Unless you find a buyer that wants the specific upgrades, you would be better off removing them and selling them on their own. I for one would love the Alcons, and could have some stock brakes on the way to you ASAP! Would love the Ohlins as well, but my stockers are in a landfill...

Old 04-17-2009, 03:05 PM
1st Gear

FYI, judging by the stock pipes, there is no front mount intercooler, and therefore no secret big turbo stuffed in there.

If it is APR flashed, you can change programs via the cruise control button. I don't know the sequence, though. If it is Revo, it would interact with an SPS3 controller. The other common flash is GIAC. Don't know how to identify that one if it does not have their external program switcher attached. By 2004, most ECU upgrades were flashed, not soldered, so opening up the ECU to look for a soldered is probably pointless.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:07 PM
1st Gear

I understand about the resale of the aftermarket items. All of my WRX's and the LGT had modifications on them and I realize that you usually work hard to try to get 50% of what you paid for the upgrades and if left on the car, it appeals to a smaller percentage of people.

We do not have intentions right now of removing anything from the vehicle, only trying to understand what is truly on this vehicle and the performance value and quality of the product. What better place than an owner's forum.

Your info has been great! Now if i can sell it, that will be a double bonus. I am confident that this information will help me better understand what it on the car, the quality of these parts, and hopefully convey it to anyone interested in this vehicle.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:10 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by MCPaudiTT
FYI, judging by the stock pipes, there is no front mount intercooler, and therefore no secret big turbo stuffed in there.

I definitely did not see anything such as an aftermarket FMIC on the car in the picture taking (I took about 45 of the car) and would likely have noticed a big one lurking behind the bumper screen. (plus I went back in and looked at the high resolution pictures to double check)

Last edited by GraysonAuto; 04-17-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:23 PM
1st Gear

Where are you located? A local enthusiast would be able to assist you best.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:29 PM
1st Gear

Knoxville, TN

Old 04-17-2009, 04:24 PM
2nd Gear

All those high dollar suspension mods, and a stock air box. May be an indication that there aren't many power modifications.

Quick Reply: Non-Audi dealer looking for info on TT we just traded for