Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

OEM SEATS WITH NEW LEATHER!!!! Preorders/interest needed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 02:15 PM
1st Gear
Default OEM SEATS WITH NEW LEATHER!!!! Preorders/interest needed!

Hey crew! I know a lot of us have looked at aftermarket seats or leather restoration/reupholstering. Almost no one online has a template for our MK1 TTs.

For those of you like me who haven't found the answer yet and want to retain that stock look, I think I found a solution! I got irritated with looking at all the template companies realizing that NONE of them make kits for our cars. I don't want cheap seat covers, nor do I want to pay a local upholstery shop an arm and a leg. So I started emailing all the online companies until I got a bite.

I've been talking personally with the owner of Clazzio Seat Covers - Customizable Leather Seat Covers - FREE SHIPPING on orders over $350. They sell AMAZING quality seats that you install yourself. They do not offer a kit in our car, but they have agreed to custom make one if we get enough interest.

These will be actual replacement fabric for your seats. Not just seat covers. You need to remove your seats, remove the OEM fabric, and essentially pull over/recover with the new fabric. You can DIY or pay a local shop labor to do it. It's MUCH cheaper than getting a shop to reupholster your seats, and it will look better too. Go to their site and check out the pics for some examples of what you can do.

Here are the preorder prices I've worked out:

1 Row LEATHER (basically front seats only for deletes/roadsters)
Solid color: $269 shipped.
Custom 2-3 Tone: $319 shipped.

2 Row LEATHER
Solid color: $419 shipped
Custom 2-3 Tone: $519 shipped

In either case you get to pick the color of your stitching. They also offer suede/quilted and PVC - WHICH IS CHEAPER THAN THE LEATHER PRICES ABOVE.

I need to get 20 interested MK1 owners - not even preorders per say but just interest. It doesn't matter what colors/materials/stitching we get - everyone can have their own custom order. The idea is that as long as there's a decent chance they'll sell them, they'll spend the time/money to create the template.

So who's with me? I'm dying to replace my seats. Post thoughts/replies here. PM me if you want to get added to the list of interest or preorders.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:50 PM
1st Gear
Default Group buy :)

Come on peeps! You know I don't work for this site, just trying to organize a group buy. The best part is you don't have to buy, just legitimately consider it so they'll make the kits/templates. I will definitely buy, and when I do I'll post a DIY of the project with lots of pics. I plan on getting all black leather with light gray stitching.

I need 19 more who will at least entertain the idea and show interest! No commitment to buy, just consider it enough to get an email after all the kits are made and decide then. But if you preorder you choose exactly what you want. He plans on making 20 kits. Whatever isn't preordered he will randomly choose.

These seats are awesome. My poor friend (because he has a Tc) got a quilted 2tone set-up from this site and it looks sick. Black/red with red stitching. I'll get some pics.

Come on guys!

Old 05-10-2013, 01:23 PM
1st Gear

I think that these would be great, I am already seeing my leather start to age and I would love something like this to throw on my seats!

Old 05-10-2013, 03:39 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Ozzy S
I think that these would be great, I am already seeing my leather start to age and I would love something like this to throw on my seats!
Me too man! My driver seat already has a small tear in it.

PM me your contact info and let me know if you want to actually preorder or just get on the "potential interest" list.

Keep in mind picking out exactly what you want will require a preorder. Preorder just means you give him your word you'll buy it, he's not making us actually give deposits or anything.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:38 PM
1st Gear

By the way guys, for this group buy, when you eventually buy you deal with the site, not me.

ALL I'M DOING FOR THIS GUY IS PROVING TO HIM THERE'S A MARKET SO HE'LL INVEST TO HAVE THE TEMPLATE MADE FOR OUR CARS.

That's it. This isn't a scam. I hope to send him a list with 20 names/emails that either say "interested" or "contact me for a preorder".

He said once he sees the interest, he'll have a template made and order 20 full kits. Out of those 20 kits, those of us who preorder with him will get exactly what we want. The rest of the 20 he will choose whatever colors, hoping he will sell them eventually.

Get it? It costs them money to make the template for our cars. It's not cheap. None of these companies have our cars, I've looked. Nuts I know. So all I'm trying to do is get the ball rolling and convince this guy to order 20 kits - including what I want!

Soooooo come on dudes, interest! Line up!

Old 05-12-2013, 01:53 AM
1st Gear

Come on guys! Black leather with red stitching? Anyone?!

Edit: Was just looking at their website. Imagine having the Audi rings or TT embroidered on the head rest for a truly custom look? Heck yes!

Last edited by Ozzy S; 05-12-2013 at 01:58 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:55 PM
1st Gear

Update: need 15 more to at least say they're interested. PM ME!!!

Old 05-20-2013, 09:40 PM
1st Gear
Default Bump

Come on guys, I need 15 more to at least be "interested" so he'll have the template made.

Again, interest just shows him there's a market for his investment on the template!!! You don't have to buy, just look at my pics after I do and decide then.

15 names I need them!!

Old 10-23-2013, 06:07 PM
1st Gear

I would buy them today. Thanks

Old 10-24-2013, 11:13 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by zer0star
Come on guys, I need 15 more to at least be "interested" so he'll have the template made.

Again, interest just shows him there's a market for his investment on the template!!! You don't have to buy, just look at my pics after I do and decide then.

15 names I need them!!
Post this on vortex. That should get you to 20

Quick Reply: OEM SEATS WITH NEW LEATHER!!!! Preorders/interest needed!