Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

USRT water injection?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Default USRT water injection?

I just had some questions about this: http://www.usrallyteam.com/index.php...322b09462bf21a

I was thinking about getting stage 1 ... but was wondering what the difference between stage 2. Does anyone know the installation process, because i work and i hate paying someone to touch my car so i like doing it myself. Anyways was wondering if anyone else had this in their car

Old 01-05-2008, 08:56 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: USRT water injection?

i dont have it but im pretty sure the installation process gets pretty difficult.. thats what i have heard anyway but im sure if you know your way around your car and toolbox youll be fine

Old 01-06-2008, 05:29 PM
5th Gear

The stage 2 is going to calculate injection based on what your MAF/MAP sensor reads. Meaning that its spraying just whats needed for the air you're pulling in, rather than just coming on at a set PSI. If you can afford it, I say go for it.

As for the install, I beleive Neur0tic handled it just fine, but did have some trouble tuning it, but I think in the end it was due to other unresolved issues with the car. I think he'd be teh guy to talk to though if you have questions.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:41 AM

Thanks guys. So what your saying is that in the long run the stage 2 would be more efficient ... (since it only sprays what is needed). hmm I have exactly $300 that I can spend on my car. I was thinking of either doing a resonator delete + muffler + mesh grill by kamei OR get the water injection. I think I will do the exhaust first and then get the injection after I get my next pay check. My next pay check is supposed to be doubled so ... Anyways once again thanks for the great advice! Of course additives is not my preferred choice but if i want to keep up with my cousin's miata ... i have no choice (and his miata is ALOT faster than mine right now)

Old 01-07-2008, 06:39 PM
I'm make believe

The stg2 is the only kit you should install. It lets you get more cooling and knock reduction and the controller gets the spray perfect instead of over and underspray with the stg1. The install is strait forwad with howtos on here and vortex if you need help. So you are going to need the stg2 kit and a real vagcom cable so you can tune it. Chris' problems were with him having vac leaks and alternator problems (must still have them since he hasnt been around. That or he is actually doing his duty). So in all your going to need to save up a little more to make it worth doing

Old 01-07-2008, 08:22 PM

Wouldn't another (better) option be to have a Chip Tuner write a custom/specific file for watermeth rather than lemmi?

Old 01-07-2008, 08:31 PM
I'm make believe

you can do that. Not sure if to many will do that however. I have seen crazyass on vortex have a pump and meth setting on his ecu for his DBC car (lemmi doesnt work).

you could always get a 100octane file for the car also. 93pump with meth which is 116 octane should bring the overally octane up to 100-105oct when in sprayed.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:24 PM

I have a VAG com, so I would have to tune it my self? Me + ECU=disaster. Is there a manual I can follow for the tuning part (I can def. do manuaL). I actually got some money from my grand parents recently also for books and I bought books and I had another $320 left over, so I can afford the stage 2.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm make believe

its really not that hard. Head over to vortex and search in the 1.8t section. There is plenty of info shared there on how to run it to its fullest