Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Problems with my 42 Draft design 3" DP

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 07:40 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Problems with my 42 Draft design 3" DP

who said it was crap?

Like i said above, ss should not be used to make MANIFOLDS. Downpipes sure, catbacks why not. APR is a more the reputable company, i dont see how you wouldnt be happy.

Old 04-14-2007, 12:07 AM

I wouldn't expect a manifold to be anything but cast iron. I wouldn't think anything as soft as steel of any sort would be good for a manifold. Example: all the cracked flanges on headers for the A1 chassis VWs. That's why I never bothered with one for my pickup. I used a euro manifold instead and did the Techtonics Tuning exhaust. Works like a charm.

Old 04-14-2007, 04:09 PM
3rd Gear

i never said APR stuff is crap if you look at my sig i have a lot of their products...FMIC, chip, and boost hoses. they are a great company and greg is a good guy.......i just said there is other material that can be used to make DPs and exhaust....supporting why Evan(42 draft) didnt make the DP out of Stainless steel.

Old 04-14-2007, 06:50 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: beefyosito

I wouldn't expect a manifold to be anything but cast iron. I wouldn't think anything as soft as steel of any sort would be good for a manifold. Example: all the cracked flanges on headers for the A1 chassis VWs. That's why I never bothered with one for my pickup. I used a euro manifold instead and did the Techtonics Tuning exhaust. Works like a charm.
Most equal length manifolds, full race, boostfactory,etc.are made from mild steel. Mild steel takes temp changes far better and wont crack if used with proper welds.

Old 09-28-2014, 02:18 PM
1st Gear
Default Headache exhaust, too bad

Bought the 42Draft turbo back system. Installed it, and it was rubbing towards the back somewhere. Turbo was bad. Shop removed turbo, and now my downpipe is slammed against the crossmember and less than a 1/4" from the heat shield. What changed!? Why is any of this crap hitting anyway given its cost!?!
Called 42Draft, and they blamed my trans mount (just did the timing belt myself and replaced the motor mount at that time), telling me I should loosen my engine mount back up and adjust the motor and trans? How could the motor be in the wrong place when trans mount never moved? Replaced trans mount, and still no luck. Grinding vibrating still during certain shifts or RPM levels. Also, I had already installed the dog bone and it obviously was not any sort of fix.
Was told that turbos can be adjusted intake side spun separately from exhaust side? Looking at the turbo online, I don't see any adjustability for this turbo. Also, I don't remember any adjustment play in the downpipe mounting, just three bolts.

Any ideas where to even go with my troubleshooting at this time, I am out of options and seriously ticked off that it is such a mess with all these new parts, adjustments, etc.