AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi TT (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-tt-7/)
-   -   Questions regarding DV and sound it makes (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-tt-7/questions-regarding-dv-sound-makes-30556/)

foxyboy 04-28-2006 08:57 AM

Questions regarding DV and sound it makes

hi
whilst scattering through these forums, and undertaking great interest in installing a BOV in the tt, i realised that this was not possible due to the ECU restrictions, hence the DV from forge sports i think was the best option, just wondering how the diverter valve sound wen changing gears, is it silent or would it make a distinctive noise?/? i've also heard and seen from a few websites which claim to have a DV/BOV combination componant for the audi TT which costs i think 3 times more than the forge DV 007 and i was just wondering what that is all about...and how it differs from the normal DV which forge manufactures ??
:D:D

thanks all for helping...
and also one last question about bodykits ...
rather than importing or buying bodykits online are there any AUSSIE (melbourne) sellers who stock TT bodykits, current found APR chip distrubtor and installer but can't seem to get any info on TT kits down here

thanx heaps :D
Adam

aTiTude 04-28-2006 04:28 PM

RE: Questions regarding DV and sound it makes

Cant help ya with the body kit question, but when it comes to the DV you will get some noise. It is not as loud as the BOV but when you shift you will deffinately get a "woosh". The Forge DV is quite a bit louder than the stock one too. It will turn a few heads at a bus stop if you time it right. :D

8rings 05-01-2006 07:42 PM

I can tell you that the combo on my car gives a serious "woosh" and a loud blowoff sound when letting off the throttle. K&N intake ($90) and the forge DV. Not really what I was going for but thats what I got....

yaboy_nyc 05-19-2006 02:00 AM

I've got a BMC CDA and the Forge DV and I love the forementioned "woosh" sound it makes. It's definately noticeable from within the immediate area around your car.

Inimical 05-28-2006 04:37 AM

Hmmm... I have the Forge DV, but I'm using the stock intake (for now) and my 'woosh' sound is difficult to hear.

I have to turn off the radio, open the windows, tell my wife to shut up for a second while I shift, and be driving down a deserted road at night.

Maybe it's time for me to check out that K&N drop in filter, eh 8rings? :D

bvgoosedd 07-04-2006 06:28 PM

i have the hyperboost DV and i def can hear it woosh! i also have a k&n filter dropped in and it's chipped i thinkk that the chip also makes it a little louder if u time it rite cuz more boost. it's def noticeable even wit the windows up. i love how the car sounds im afraid to get an exhaust cuz i love to hear the turbo and then woosh! GOTTA LOVE IT!

LowAmgC 07-05-2006 12:53 AM

i'v got the Evolution Motorsports Intake from NGP and a Forge DV on my 225 and my "whoosh" is VERY loud and sounds real good

jcd1006 07-05-2006 05:33 AM

I have a chipped TT with a Forge 007 DV and a Modshack VTDA. It definately has a whoosh to it. I can have the windows up and the radio on and still hear it.