Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Revo trial Inquiry

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 04:02 AM
Default Revo trial Inquiry

Okay, I took the bait and did the 5 hr Revo trial. Sounds fair, if I am not thrilled, let the time run out and stay stock Or does it. Call me paranoid but is it possible for this revo test map to remap the car to a program milder than the stock map once the revo upgrade runs out? I was happy with the stock setup(225), very impressed with the Revo test, but it changed back and I really feel that the car is less than pretrial. Just sluggish overall. Closer to the 180hp a buddy has. Again, I may be paranoid but it has been many miles since my trial ran out, so I don't think it is just a feeling of what I am now missing without the revo. Wouldn't it be pretty easy for the flash to install a less than 225 Hp as sort of a phase 2? You would have little choice than to go ahead with the real thing, right?
Also, my yellow engine light is on. it went on when the trail started but i figured it would disappear once the time ran out. Anyone know if that is normal and if so, how do i turn it off. Also, will it be on if the full install is done?

BTW, I am going to do the official install. It is very worth it in my opinion. Much more authoritative all around. Midrange excellent. Just runs like different car. Will a new DV lower the 3000 rpm kick(forge or HX)? Sorry, lots of questions. Thanks for your time.
D

Old 10-02-2006, 12:29 AM
Default RE: Revo trial Inquiry

ok i got the trail and i didn't get no check engine light or anythin, if i were u i would def go back to the place that did it and let them know that happened and the check engine thin maybe the reason that the car is runnin slow. i know what u mean about when it runs out cuz u feel the defs. so i got the HX DV and the full version. i love that **** made such a difference.

Old 10-14-2006, 01:05 PM

did you run it much with the stock DV? I ran for a week then replaced stock with a Forge and i can tell no improvement at all. If anything, the car has a less aggresssive thrust at 3000 rpm than with the stock DV. Not sure if it is a problem with the forge unit(brand new) or other issues at hand. I have tried all the springs also. I guess there could be a leak but if so, I cannot hear it.

Old 10-14-2006, 02:43 PM
2nd Gear

Pick up a boost guage, if you're low then look for a leak... If nothing else, you've got a boost guage, which is a pretty necessary thing to have on turbo cars.