AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi TT (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-tt-7/)
-   -   Roadster Convertible Top Problems (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-tt-7/roadster-convertible-top-problems-80216/)

kennethlapensee 09-23-2013 10:37 AM

Is there a reliable patch for a small hole in my 2002 TT convertible top?

There is a small hole in my 2002 convertible top near the bottom edge behind the rear window. Is there a reliable way to repair this hole and preserve the watertight qualities of the roof? The rest of the roof is in good condition. So far, there is no water leakage into the cockpit.

shorne 01-26-2014 03:11 PM

Anyone know where I can find a replacement switch for the power button located in the center console that is used to open/close the top for a 2001 Audi TT Roadster?

vdav15 05-31-2014 06:08 PM

Top down indicator flashing

I took a piece of cardboard, actually a number tag my Audi dealer used when my car was in for inspection, and placed it in the drivers side windshield latch in front of the metal piece that you can push with your finger. I closed the roof, latched it and the light indicator was off and the windows went to full up position. :):p

samboluong 01-21-2015 06:39 PM

pleaseeee

would you please take 1 or 2 picture of the sensor so i can know where is it located? thanks

TT2002_Martin 06-11-2015 12:24 PM

I have a same problem, What I do is to punch the roof beside the turning latch and the light turns off, it works for me every single time :)

mikegrattan 05-23-2017 07:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by TT2002_Martin (Post 1492898)
I have a same problem, What I do is to punch the roof beside the turning latch and the light turns off, it works for me every single time :)

I just started having this problem with my '01 Quattro Roadster. At first I tried what others have suggested and put a firm piece of cardboard in the gap. That didn't work so I tried punching the handle. That worked. I've now refined my technique a bit and just push on the handle firmly, just below the "push" button, and that triggers the switch. Wish there was something better, but this will work for now.

Edit:

I tried a trick I read about on AudiWorld. On the driver's side of the windshield, where the top latches, is a small metal tab that is the actuator switch for the convertible top. This actuates the windows and if it isn't actuated, the "top open" warning light comes on. If you push the tab to the right with your finger, it should actuate the windows. When it isn't being actuated consistently by the top closing, the tab may be pushed too far to the right. You can push it back to the left a bit with a screwdriver and that should fix the problem.

Attachment 64883
Attachment 64884

stevotto 07-30-2017 03:50 PM

TT top warning light

thanks for the tip, I used a screwdriver to slightly shift the actuator to the left and that is all it took, no window problems and the dash light is out

Paul Kimber 05-08-2018 06:38 PM

We have not driven our 2006 TT convertible until this weekend. Whilst it started first time, the roof only opens about 3cm and does not go any further. Can anyone tell me what the cause might be and what actions I probably need to take.
Cheers

Misaca 05-23-2022 03:37 AM

sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but I bought an '04 MKI a few months ago and am having the problem where the "top open" light doesn't go off even when the top is correctly closed. So, i thought I'd post this video here which explains, and shows, the problem and solution quite well, I think. I´m going to try this when I get a moment. I hope it works!