Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

schrick audi tt camshaft

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 11:12 PM
1st Gear
Default schrick audi tt camshaft

I was lookign on pag parts for some cams....and found only one maker Scrick but cant seem to find their website anywhere... The specs r 252/260 hydraulic.... so its a 252/260duration cam doesnt say any info on lift ect but Im curious about what the factory spec cams r and how Much Hp I can gain... If anyone knows any other audi/vw 1.8 20vcam makers also.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:05 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: schrick audi tt camshaft

Your gains from a cam alone will be minimal. You'd see much more significant HP increases from a big turbo kit.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:18 PM
I'm make believe

Get the BT kit and then go here

Old 05-14-2007, 08:11 PM
1st Gear

Well the only reason i mention is because All forced induction motors respond well to increased Lift and Duration better then Non turbo. Ive already looked into the big turbo, however its useless to get a big turbo and have alot more air trying to get into the motr and Cant becuase the lifters arnt open long enough to optimize the turbo... I would think an extra 20-30 hp could be made easy just by adding a much more aggressive cam on a big turbo set up.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:57 PM
5th Gear

you have that backwards. a N/A motor would respond better to a long duration cam. the turbo can pack air in with a short duration, slower cylinder filling from a N/A needs more 'open' time to make more power.

Old 05-14-2007, 10:10 PM
1st Gear

??? The longer the valve is open and the more the valve is open the more air can be forced in. And on ANy boosted car roots/centrafugal/turbo the Exhuast side actually matters more. The quicker you can get the exhaust out the quicker you can get more in... w/e the result is with a non-force fed car add + hp on top of that.... With the same 242/244 588/590 lift113 Lobe sep comp cams My Blown s/b 355 @ 8 1/2 psi made 525 rwhp@5500601 rwt @ 5000.... 45 hp more then the SAmespec 355 w/o blower on my dads 68 nova. Only difference in the two motors is compression...mine being 8.2:1 his 11:1....Im new to turbo motors but the same principals should still apply.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:01 AM
I'm make believe

first you guys are taking about duration and forgeting lift. Also you want the exhaust out so more clean air can be combusted not recyled air.

But back to the 1.8t. You will not see any real gains on a stock turbo, same with adding a larger intake manifold. The turbo just doesnt move that much air. With anything from a 28rs and bigger you will start to see real gains with both intake and cams. Get the turbo first and get the real power and then due the cams that will give you additional power. Also you will need your car tuned for the cams to take full advantage of them also. As im sure you know you cant change something that big and not have it tuned.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:14 AM
1st Gear

Yeah i was talking about duratyion and lift in regards to the exhaust side... But Yeah i figure giac can find a program for me... Like i said im not used to all this computer stuff... On the small blacks the Cam acts as the computer. So i change the cam i change the motor i add a smaller pulley i get more boost ...very simple lol... And thanks you for that link you put in there cincy, i emailed the guy about a manifold and dp for the 2871r....see what he can do for me. I will probably resort back to the del rio kit but im hard headed i gues and am trying to find other alternatives for more power.

Old 05-15-2007, 09:11 PM
5th Gear

I didn't word that exactly right, but this is more or less what I was trying to get at:

In a typical turbo set-up, they will run relatively short duration (less over lap) cams. Otherwise they will blow all the intake charge into the exhaust side, or worse, reversing (reversion) the exhaust gas into the intake. The pressure, intake or exhaust, will find the easiest path to flow, and if it is easier to go straight through the cylinder, equalizing the difference in pressure and decreasing the amount of work the turbine can do, it will. You will not only lose the air/fuel charge that could have gone into the cylinder but decrease the efficiency of the exhaust turbine as well.
http://www.mr2supercharger.com/cams.html

You'll also find something very similar to this explanation in Forced Induction - A Practical guide to Turbocharging and Supercharging
I can scan that section if you want. (and Im posting this as a learning resource, not as a 'in your face!' smartass response)(before someone takes it that way)

Old 05-15-2007, 09:37 PM
1st Gear

Good read.... thanks for the link... I still like my Big lopy cam though[8D]I will add though...alot of the overlap has to do with lobe sep also which is why blower/nos/turbo cams usually r in excess of 112-113 lobe sep..But im not an engineer either, so ill choose whatever is called for per application if they said they got 500hp off of 210/212dur 130/140 lift cam im buyin it lol

Quick Reply: schrick audi tt camshaft