Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Supercharge

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Default Supercharge

Just curious I know MTM makes a supercharger for the V8's is there anything out there for the 1.8T's. This is probably a stupid question as I dont know anything about superchargers. Would it even be worth looking into?

Old 08-27-2007, 02:34 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Supercharge

No supercharges for yout TURBO'D car. Someone on vortex was attempting to swap to a supercharger but sold the car before he got to involoved. There has been one or two bipowered cars, but that would cost a extreme amount.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:39 PM

Cool thanks for the info Cincy.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:46 PM
2nd Gear

[sm=nono.gif]your car is turbocharged, you can have one or the other not both.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:59 PM

Yah well I was going to convert it considering the work that would be invovled as a supercharger has alot more response then a turbo would. But the SC would be alot more stressful on the engine. I stock turbo as sad there not even the size of a bagel. I know i can just upgrade turbo's but there is work involved for that and also would create more lag. I was just curious no need to flame. And like cincy said you can use both its called bi-turbo.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:06 PM
2nd Gear

I'm not flaming, just stating what I know... and yes you can have both like the golf GT, but seriously, WTF. and its not called bi-turbo, biturbo uses 2 turbos like the b5 S4. cincy used the word bipowered

a supercharged 1.8 is never going to give you a reasonable amount of power compared to just upgrading your turbo, who worries about lag, thats why you upgrade the clutch so that you can come off the line with the turbo nice and spooled

Old 08-27-2007, 03:10 PM

Yes but when you replace the clutch and go to a lightfly wheel. You lose more torque so you get smoked off the line and it kills you. Im thinking about putting my stock flywheel back in because its so bad.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:18 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: eliTTe

so that you can come off the line with the turbo nice and spooled
You need a stand alone so you can get boost while not moving, with you just sitting at 4k rpms the exhaust will still need time to spool the turbo after take off.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:22 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: ooantipostoo

Yes but when you replace the clutch and go to a lightfly wheel. You lose more torque so you get smoked off the line and it kills you. Im thinking about putting my stock flywheel back in because its so bad.
you can put your stock back in and we can line them up ... your stock DMFW is a heavy chunk of rotating mass, its going to slow you down, not create more torque.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:24 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

ORIGINAL: eliTTe

so that you can come off the line with the turbo nice and spooled
You need a stand alone so you can get boost while not moving, with you just sitting at 4k rpms the exhaust will still need time to spool the turbo after take off.
your rightI wasn't thinking about it.

Quick Reply: Supercharge