Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Surprise Surprise SOME companies do care!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 12:33 AM
1st Gear
Default Surprise Surprise SOME companies do care!

So as an update on my clutch situation. I did call South Bend about my clutch/flywheel problem and with great disbelief the guy (john was his name) completely took responsibility and said yup we actually changed the entire design a year after you ordered your original clutch kit. He actually remembered being the guy who took my order over the phone back then. They overnighted me a new flywheel for free and I am just about done putting the car back together. Already started the car to make sure everything was set before starting to put stuff back in. The clutch pedal seems a little softer but its engaging and dis-engaging properly but Ill know for sure tomorrow after the official road test.

He also shed some light on the redesign for me as well for those looking into a new clutch sometime soon. Supposedly they managed to get the tranny chatter to stop....the four springs are larger than the old six and the flywheel was machined differently to accommodate the change to the disc. Ill post an update tomorrow to see if that chatter has finally gone away. No problem to me if it doesnt as Ive been dealing with it for 120k miles :-)

Old 09-26-2013, 11:23 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by ericcota2003
So as an update on my clutch situation. I did call South Bend about my clutch/flywheel problem and with great disbelief the guy (john was his name) completely took responsibility and said yup we actually changed the entire design a year after you ordered your original clutch kit. He actually remembered being the guy who took my order over the phone back then. They overnighted me a new flywheel for free and I am just about done putting the car back together. Already started the car to make sure everything was set before starting to put stuff back in. The clutch pedal seems a little softer but its engaging and dis-engaging properly but Ill know for sure tomorrow after the official road test.

He also shed some light on the redesign for me as well for those looking into a new clutch sometime soon. Supposedly they managed to get the tranny chatter to stop....the four springs are larger than the old six and the flywheel was machined differently to accommodate the change to the disc. Ill post an update tomorrow to see if that chatter has finally gone away. No problem to me if it doesnt as Ive been dealing with it for 120k miles :-)
Ill be watching this. Im due for a new clutch too. E85 and 30psi has taken its toll. And I dont want any noise. So ill be interested to see if your chatter free..

Old 09-27-2013, 05:14 PM
1st Gear

300 miles and still chatter free. Pedal is a little softer than what im used to but it engages/disengages perfectly and grabs instantly. I sent them a nice review. :-)

Old 10-09-2013, 12:39 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by ericcota2003
300 miles and still chatter free. Pedal is a little softer than what im used to but it engages/disengages perfectly and grabs instantly. I sent them a nice review. :-)
NIce man

Old 10-11-2013, 11:57 AM
1st Gear

That's nice they're taking care of you. South Bend is a big player in the clutch/flywheel game in the Z32 community.