Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Talke to the dealer about my bent axle THEY missed.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 04:25 PM
2nd Gear
Default Talke to the dealer about my bent axle THEY missed.

Hey guys,

Thanks for everyones advise so far. I called the dealer on friday, talked to the GM for a few minutes....told him about the bent axel and about how I had the car checked out at there dealership, and that they missed the bent axel....

today I talked to the service mgr ..he said he was going to talk to the GM about this.

I made points:

I'm not a mechanic, thats why i paid them to check out the car.
the wheel is turned that should have given a general mechanic knowledge that atleast the alinement is off.
that the car also as a noticeable problem from the back (alinement issues)

told them that i had it checked out..and thats why i bought it...with this problem i wouldn't have purchased this car.

when he calls back, what should i say?

if he agrees to pay in full...i'll smile and agree.

however i know he wont...he might offer free service...if i pay the part...do i accept? or push for more?

what should i do?

Thanks!

Old 01-02-2007, 04:28 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Talke to the dealer about my bent axle THEY missed.

also keep in mind.

they failed to tell me about:

my clutch slipping
and my starter.

Old 01-02-2007, 04:57 PM
3rd Gear

I would push farther, remember that everyone has a boss, there is allways a bigger fish. To make a short story my Sprint phone was messed up and it was there fault. Well finally after making my point I was connected with the VP of sprint, lets just say that I got a free phone in the mail and im sure someone lost their job. If you dont get your way push as far as you can untill everything is expended and then take the free service. Make sure that you bargen with stuff you dont even have. Another short story, when buying a car tell them that you will only take the car if they tint the windows for free. They will say no, then say if you dont tint the windows then I want and state something that is about the same price, for me it was the upgraded rims that came from the factory. It works trust me. Thats my two cents.

Old 01-02-2007, 05:11 PM
2nd Gear

I'll push until I get it fixed for free....afterall i haven't been in an accident...the previous owner did it...I paid them to review this car.

what if they question if i did it or not? ...if they place blame on me what should i say?

Old 01-02-2007, 05:20 PM
3rd Gear

Stick to your guns thats my advice no matter what. You know the truth and that is what matters the most. Look for rust on parts that are bent or broken that is a good sign that it has been like that for awhile. Other than that just stick to it man, you cant let them bully you. And that is what they are good at is bulling.

Old 01-02-2007, 05:25 PM
2nd Gear

In the rare case they choose NOT to help me in anyway, what would you suggest I do?...ask for the regional mgr?

Old 01-02-2007, 05:29 PM
3rd Gear

Yes, talk to who ever you have to, trust me then dont want any prob with their boss, so if they are hesitant to call him then that means that they know that they are wrong? If they say sure here is hisnumber Iwould still talk tohim andvery calmlyexplain the stiuation. The usually are willing to work a bit with you more than the GM.He thinks his **** dont stink if youknow whatI mean. At least the ones that I have ran across do. But you theaten to call their boss then they get hesitant.You could take it to another dealer if possible and talk with them about your situation (because of the competiton) If they think that you are right then its best to talk to the regional man. (make the one look bad in his eyes and the other one look good)

Old 01-02-2007, 05:51 PM
2nd Gear

I hope they work with me, If not i'll keep pushing and pushing.

In an honest opinon. If this dealership missed a bent axle,bad starter ..and a slipping clutch..and im only asking they take care of the bent axle ...isn't that being kind on my end?

also since THEY missed these problems shouldn't they be liable to fix the problems they missed?

Old 01-02-2007, 06:37 PM
1st Gear

Definitly do what 225tt is saying, stick to your guns and talk to every person you have to. Usually for the sake of keeping face they will try to placate you with something, whether that be free service or just going ahead and fixing the issue, although they are far ahead of the game in terms of legal liability (barring the car doesn't fall under the "Lemon Law"). Most vehicles that are sold from a dealership used are sold "As is" which allows them to sell many things they should not be able to, believe me, I worked at one a while back. I have however not run into a dealership that isn't willing to work with you so they don't get bad publicity.As most good business managers know, one upset customer will tell at least ten people about his incident, in adverse to a happy customer that usually will only tell two people.

So keep pushing but don't be mean about it, just let them know your not going to give up and keep climbing the ladder until you talk to someone that is willing to help.

Old 01-02-2007, 07:18 PM
2nd Gear

I'm going to talk my way up as high as I can. I'm just wondering if they are liable under some sense because I paid them to review the car, and they missed so many things.

As much as I love cars...im not a mechanic....so i paid a dealership to review the car...and they missed so many things....

seriously...with this car like this...i would not have purchased it.

Quick Reply: Talke to the dealer about my bent axle THEY missed.