Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Newbie Needs light Help!

Old 05-12-2019, 12:20 PM
1st Gear
Default Newbie Needs light Help!

Hey gang.. so on a whim I decided this summer I'd be on a motorcycle, or in a convertible for the season.. wound up in a 2001 TT Roadster.. only has 80k on it & got it for a song.. but of course now on to all the little quirky things the previous owner likely ditched out of it because! I'm a do it myself type, but have only ever owned AC Delco part taking cars!

Issue one, first & foremost.. the headlights!

A) Which bulb is which lolol... meaning looking at the car from the front can someone please tell me which is high/low/fog?
B) I only have high beams apparently, but the bulb lit up doesn't seem to bright... when I turn the headlight switch all the way on, the high beam indicator illumiates & when I try to use the column switch to dip them, nothing happens at all.. the bulbs don't change, the high beam indicator just stays put... If I had to guess I'd say the column switch is bad? In addition to the high beam (blue) light on cluster being on, there is also a greenish what I might assume is daytime/fog indicator on, but again, only one set of bulbs actually turns on (outermost bulbs)

I've not yet pulled the actual light bulbs, I keep seeing you pretty much have to pull the whole front end apart to change them.. I'll likely do that today & have all new bulbs sitting at the ready...
Thanks in advance for any help!

I did try searching for my symptoms but couldn't find anything about high beams being stuck on.

Old 05-28-2019, 04:57 PM
1st Gear

Sounds like the infamous headlight switch issue...common.
See this thread, post #6, click the link...
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/aud...-trouble-6851/