Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Water/Meth

Old 09-11-2007, 11:01 AM
1st Gear
Default Water/Meth

Could somebody please enlighten me...what is the water/methane mod i keep hearing about? Never heard about it until this forum..

Old 09-11-2007, 12:09 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Water/Meth

DSM guys call it alcohol injection also. But its mainly injecting a water and meth mix into the charge pipe to lower the intake charge far below what the intercooler can do. It also reduces knock, cleans the cylinders, and makes 93octane gas work like race gas. The further you inject from the TB, the lower the iat's and closer to the TB, the better knock protection. This makes a dual nozzle set up better. Also the mix isnt injected until you see a preset amount of boost/voltage (map vs maf). With a progressive controller in the stage 2 kits you can inject little in low boost and a larger amount in high boost.

Old 09-11-2007, 02:46 PM
1st Gear

so im guessing these are all custom kits, or are there some kits to buy out there. You have to have an FMIC right? I mean it would only be logical...AKA a waste of time to do it on the 2 stockers.

Old 09-11-2007, 03:00 PM
I'm make believe

You do it after the ic(s) into the charge pipe, not into the ic(s). You can do it on either, it would still have lower iats with the stock ic(s) than just a fmic. All the kits are universal, but not all to hard to install. If you run a maf (im sure just about everyone here does), the maf kit is what you want since it will be preactive, not reactive like a map kit.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:12 PM
3rd Gear

yeah but they say MAP is much safer and more realiable. i personally dont know yet....hehe

i know the site says if running a K03/K04 run the MAF setup...so when i go bigger turbo just wire it to the map instead? or is there a little more involved?

Old 09-11-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm make believe

Im going to stick with scott@usrt and get a maf kit if you run a maf and map if you dont. It will function better with the maf kit since it will know how much to inject before it injects it instead of after it already reached the inject point on a map kit.

While going back to evolutionm.net, they had a snowperformance ad and it claimed that you get 120octane with w/m on pump gas.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:40 AM
4th Gear

OK, I am looking into this... This is really cool actually... My question is what kit should I get? The stage 1 or stage 2 kit? The only difference i see is how it knows when to start the injection process... I am looking at these:

Stage 1
Stage 2

Is the extra $150 really worth having the MAF version over the vacuum version? Thanks!

Josh

Also how long will an average tank last??? I don't want to be filling this thing up all the time.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:20 AM
I'm make believe

The difference between the two is the controller. The controller that comes with the stage 2 kit starts injecting at X psi and then more when you peak at Y boost. This is more benifiecial since you getproper amountof w/m for the psi. Also usrt sells the kits and you can choose map or maf kit (i explained why maf is better already) and what size nozzles to use. They even have a dual injection kit where you can inject it just behind the TB (better knock protection) and just after the ic (lower temps more) for an optimal system.

You can also look into devils own w/m kit. They are about the same and they stg 2 is ~$50 cheaper.

Also how long it last depends on tanks size and amount injected. Since it only injects when you boost, you dont go through as fast as you may think. People that use a single inj and the ww res have it last for more than a tank full.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:05 PM
3rd Gear

i'll be ordering one very soon just cant make my mind up on which brand to go with....i know i;m gonna do the dual nozzle spray and prolly the maf controller.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:16 PM
I'm make believe

torn between snow and devils?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Water/Meth