Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

(Yet Another) Bluetooth Audio Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 11:11 PM
1st Gear
Default (Yet Another) Bluetooth Audio Question

Hi all

I just bought a 2009 Audi TTS Quattro MKII. It has an Audi Premium Audio/Nav package (which is rather outdated by 2015’s standards).

My Audi TTS specs:

The center dash has a LCD display with Nav/DVD/SD card reader. Branded "Audi Navigation Plus" (Referred to as an RNS-E?)
The Glovebox has a 7 CD changer.
The center console (rear) has an AUX 3.5mm jack (shows up as "External Source" on the Audi's LCD display)
The center console (front) has a 30-Pin Apple Dock connector
Bose speakers

I can pair my iPhone 6 to the Audi via Bluetooth for voice calls (works great), but it can't to A2DP (streaming audio).

My goal is try and use Bluetooth 4 (A2DP protocol) via my iPhone 6 to stream music, podcasts, etc to my Audi via a 3rd-party adapter such as the Bovee Viseeo Tune2air WMA1000 - Wireless Bluetooth Music Interface (http://amzn.to/1EXfhb8), combined with a Goliton® Newest AMI MDI MMI/ iPod Cable Adapter (http://amzn.to/1AQVB1p) (or similar). This is a common setup.

My issue is that I need to tap into the Audi (AMI or MMI?) interface. Many Audi forms mention that there should be a AMI/MMI port in the Glovebox, but alas I don't have one in my TTS (probably used by the CD player?)

I assume that if I were to remove the CD changer (which I will never use - haven't bought a CD in 10 years) perhaps I could repurpose the CD's interface to connect the Bluetooth adapter to it..? Im afraid to just rip the CD player out as I don't know how it interfaces with the car's audio system.

I don't want to buy an expensive Audi OEM audio components, I'd rather buy a couple inexpensive components and be done with it. I have considered FM transmitter, because the audio quality its generally too poor.

BT Wireless streaming is my main goal here. I don't need to control the iPhone from the Audi's controls or control the Audi's audio from the iPhone. I simply what to control my music from the iPhone into the Audi's audio system. I don't want to use the 3.5mm AUX because I don't want to have to plug the iPhone in every time I get into the car.

Can anyone please assist me in figuring out the best way to handle this? How can I get Bluetooth dongle connected in the glovebox?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by dstranathan; 03-16-2015 at 11:47 PM.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:16 AM
1st Gear
Default hello!

If you want you can get viseeousa WMA1000, this plugs to any 30 pin iPod integration cable. It streams music wirelessly and sound is really great.