AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   B5 Models (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-models-69/)
-   -   3 beeps while driving, no error lights? (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-models-69/3-beeps-while-driving-no-error-lights-207177/)

swimbikerunrun 04-21-2014 12:25 PM

3 beeps while driving, no error lights?

I searched but didn't come up with much...

When I'm driving I randomly get a "BEEEP.. BEEEP..BEEEP.." sound, then nothing for (x amount of time), then I get it again..

airbag light has been on for the past 6 months or so (meh), but no codes or anything being reported.

A4TurboGuy 04-22-2014 08:35 AM

I had that happen to me recently, but I can't remember what it was. Try starting your car, then turn on your headlights with one of the headlights (already) unplugged and see if it does the same thing.

If that's not it, get the codes pulled at your local parts store and I think you'll either get a P0411, or a .....shit! I can't remember. Cruise control maybe?

Try the above and let us know. I'll try to remember in the mean time..

mtroxel 04-22-2014 03:04 PM

Do you have a speed warning set? If you're LCD is dead, you might not know it except for the beeps.

Richard E. Woodward III 02-19-2016 11:20 PM

Was this issue ever fixed???

I have a 2003 Audi A6 Quattro 2.7T and have finally fixed all errors but 2, well now 3.

1) I still get the check engine light on thanks to the clutch sensor error. Not spending $2,200 to fix it.

2) Had a fuse (#14 I think) kept blowing. I unplugged everything under the driver seat and found it was the floor light just under the back of the seat. I plugged everything back in and even disconnected the battery but the Air Bag light will not go out.

3) At start up and about 10 times in my 40-60 minute drive into work in the morning and 10 more times driving back home I get 3 beeps. No error code. I have even tried running a continuous check while driving and nothing is showing up.

This constant beeping is driving me nuts.... :eek:

A4TurboGuy 02-20-2016 08:36 AM

A4TurboGuy 02-20-2016 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Richard E. Woodward III (Post 1501317)
I have a 2003 Audi A6 Quattro 2.7T and have finally fixed all errors but 2, well now 3.

1) I still get the check engine light on thanks to the clutch sensor error. Not spending $2,200 to fix it.

2) Had a fuse (#14 I think) kept blowing. I unplugged everything under the driver seat and found it was the floor light just under the back of the seat. I plugged everything back in and even disconnected the battery but the Air Bag light will not go out.

3) At start up and about 10 times in my 40-60 minute drive into work in the morning and 10 more times driving back home I get 3 beeps. No error code. I have even tried running a continuous check while driving and nothing is showing up.

This constant beeping is driving me nuts.... :eek:

You're not going to get the most help here, because you're in the wrong forum (this is the B5 forum).

If you have airbag lights on, then I would fix that first. I bet that's where your beeps are coming from. I'm pretty sure the ECM takes those seriously.

Disconnecting the battery doesn't clear codes in our cars.

Use a VAG COM to check the self restraint system and see what you get. If you see no issues, try to start the car, let it idle for the 10 minutes it usually takes to beep. If it doesn't beep, keep it running and push the clutch in and out as many times as you think is necessary and see if you get the beeps. If either of those work, you can probably assume you found your problem (or at least a large contributor). Then you can move forward with a bit more direction.

That's my best guess.

G/L