B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

After martket Accessory Belt Tensioner or OEM version?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 03:30 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by MetalMan
Dealerships don't always have every single part in stock. There's probably some warehouse they can order parts from, which is most likely the case with them.

Gotcha!

Have you gotten your LCD fixed? I'm curious about getting this done. My Audi mechanic says he will do it for 150.00 parts and labor. He only works on Audi and VW, so i trust his work 100%

Old 09-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Sponsor

I've ran Meyle parts no problem. I'll run MTC stuff if its something that wont cause catastrophic failure to the engine.

Example: I'd never run an aftermarket cam chain tensioner or timing belt tensioner.

If you have any other questions let me know!

Jason

Old 09-05-2013, 04:12 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by morpheous
when you say, "both" which tensioners are you reffering too? and which brands did you buy for the tentioners and belts?
There is a spring loaded tensioner up high for the serpentine belt and a manually tightened one down low for the AC compressor on my 1.8l t.

Not sure what brand they are but I got them from ECS Tuning. Good guys. It was a kit so I let them decide which brand to send.

Last edited by Huskerbob; 09-05-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:52 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Huskerbob
There is a spring loaded tensioner up high for the serpentine belt and a manually tightened one down low for the AC compressor on my 1.8l t.

Not sure what brand they are but I got them from ECS Tuning. Good guys. It was a kit so I let them decide which brand to send.
I am replacing the serpentine belt tensioner, this is for the alternator and steering wheel belts. I think that is what you're talking about.

Its making a lot of noise, which means its going out, so i just purchased a meyle brand tensioner, along with transmission and engine mounts.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:52 PM

Gotcha!

Have you gotten your LCD fixed? I'm curious about getting this done. My Audi mechanic says he will do it for 150.00 parts and labor. He only works on Audi and VW, so i trust his work 100%
I fixed my LCD screen myself, for ~$50-60 in parts, but replacing it requires a fair amount of skill with soldering. $150 for parts and labor is pretty good.

Old 09-05-2013, 05:02 PM
2nd Gear

I fixed my LCD screen myself, for ~$50-60 in parts, but replacing it requires a fair amount of skill with soldering. $150 for parts and labor is pretty good.
Yeah, plus the tach has to come out from the dash, i don't want to mess anything up, so i have peice of mind and a decent price to get my LCD, finally fixed.

MetalMan, have you guys went on any meets this past summer or anytime this year? I remember seeing you last time at the camp site.

Old 09-05-2013, 05:26 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning
I've ran Meyle parts no problem. I'll run MTC stuff if its something that wont cause catastrophic failure to the engine.

Example: I'd never run an aftermarket cam chain tensioner or timing belt tensioner.

If you have any other questions let me know!

Jason
Jason,

I just ordered a vinyl leather front cover aka bra from genuineaudiparts.com and they just emailed me, saying its discontinued.

RE: Order Number 30980381

Thank you for ordering from genuineaudiparts.com .

We regret to inform you that the following item is currently unavailable:

Part Number: ZAW193015SA
Part Description: COVER
Reason: Discontinued

Can you track one down?

Home Page Search ZAW193015SA ES#473309 Front End Cover - ZAW193015SA

Old 09-05-2013, 06:11 PM

Yeah, plus the tach has to come out from the dash, i don't want to mess anything up, so i have peice of mind and a decent price to get my LCD, finally fixed.

MetalMan, have you guys went on any meets this past summer or anytime this year? I remember seeing you last time at the camp site.
I didn't go to any meets this summer, but I'm also in California

Old 09-05-2013, 07:42 PM
2nd Gear

I didn't go to any meets this summer, but I'm also in California
Opps I could have sworn, i saw you at the last meet i went too. don't you have a black or blue 01 A4 b5 with fab five rims? if not, my mistke

Old 09-05-2013, 11:57 PM

Definitely not me lol. I just got a silver 01.5 on stock wheels, and my older A4 is a silver 98.5 on 17" 5-spoke wheels.

Quick Reply: After martket Accessory Belt Tensioner or OEM version?