AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   B5 Models (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-models-69/)
-   -   audi/vw parts yard in los angeles/southern cali? (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-models-69/audi-vw-parts-yard-los-angeles-southern-cali-180426/)

Christopher Nemitz 03-10-2012 10:36 AM

audi/vw parts yard in los angeles/southern cali?

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows where there is a audi and or vw parts yard in los angeles area? As I need many random parts for my car center console lid (white) hazard light bezel, driver side rear door panel, ect., ect.

soul23 06-09-2012 02:54 PM

Bump!!!! ??? Anyone

Boober 06-09-2012 03:52 PM

i live in so cal too... i usually find shit on craigslist, but id be interested to know about yards

soul23 06-09-2012 03:59 PM

Yeah same here but clist u gota do alota driving.. right now I'm I. The hunt for regulator clips. And some one to pop a dent out my wheel well fender or what ever its called .. do u know of any?? Also lcd display..

Boober 06-09-2012 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by soul23 (Post 1388356)
Yeah same here but clist u gota do alota driving.. right now I'm I. The hunt for regulator clips. And some one to pop a dent out my wheel well fender or what ever its called .. do u know of any?? Also lcd display..

not sure about the dent... i have a similar one im sure would be easy to pop out but havent taken care of it yet.

ive seen a lcd diy on one of the forums that cost like 15 bucks but you have to know a little bit about soldering and electronic components etc... another thing i gotta do but i havent had the time, fulltime mechanical engineering student.

soul23 06-10-2012 05:40 PM

Fair enough.. but what about the clips.. I haven't found any in junk yards n internet all I see is eBay ones I've herd about eBay so I don't really wanna gamble.. if that were the case is go to autozone and get some gm ones that look similar to Audi ones.. do any of u guys know of reliable clips for the driver door regulator??

makaveli7 06-10-2012 07:47 PM

i live on the other side of the states and theres a ton of yards here with foreign cars, if you get desperate and wanna check them out, I believe they ship out a lot of parts and for the most part, know their products well

just shoot me a pm if you're desperate, like i said i live on the east coast

reneriarik 06-10-2012 11:29 PM

bump.... anyone? ..looking for my driver seat..... had coilovers set at lowest point and hit a messed up manhole and made air bag go off with impact, immediately raised a bit...

MetalMan 06-11-2012 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Boober (Post 1388365)
not sure about the dent... i have a similar one im sure would be easy to pop out but havent taken care of it yet.

ive seen a lcd diy on one of the forums that cost like 15 bucks but you have to know a little bit about soldering and electronic components etc... another thing i gotta do but i havent had the time, fulltime mechanical engineering student.

ME student eh? I graduated from UCI a year ago in ME, been working full time ever since.

I haven't been familiarized with any Audi-type yards in SoCal, but I haven't exactly looked either... would be interested to know of one (or more).

As for the LCD display, I replaced mine pretty recently. Not too bad of a job IMO, but I've got tons of soldering experience. In theory, I could help out...

soul23 06-11-2012 09:06 PM

Was up?? Pm me. :)