B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Blausport

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 11:40 PM
1st Gear
Default Blausport

Hey guys I was just wondering if you have ever heard of BLAUSPORT, they have an very nice prices on many things such as shock absorbers but I dont wanna get jipped so tell me what you think.....
http://www.blauparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MGR1015
Those would be for my exact car. Also what would the risk be if I did put lowering springs on these and at the risk of actually finding these DOES ANYONE HAVE OEM SPORT SPRINGS FOR A 98 A4 FRONTTRAK(FWD)

Old 09-08-2009, 11:45 PM
Administrator

Dunno about that kit, but I've purchased all kinds of stuff from Blauparts and have been MORE than happy with them.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:48 PM
1st Gear

Really, thats good to hear and any say on lowering springs? Would they last more than 2 years lol

Old 09-08-2009, 11:51 PM
4th Gear

well maybe u should cal them honestly and ask them... they would know better than anyone seeing how its their product lol

Old 09-08-2009, 11:52 PM
1st Gear

thanks for the help but my answer would be an absolute no from them seing as they say they arent made for any springs but stock and sport oem.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:56 PM
Administrator

To be honest you're right. Thats what they'd say. However-and this is a oft-debated topic here-you can, IMO, use sport/lowering springs on stock shocks. They may be a bit bouncy, and you're not going to get a ridiculous drop out of them, but you're not going to blow your shocks up or anything.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:58 PM
4th Gear

I just did my A6 with the Blausport strut kit...They are specially made for Blau by KYB with valving modified to their specs, ie, harder. The ride is what I would call almost as stiff as Bilstien HDs - prolly 85-90%. You definitely feel the road and the bumps, but none of it is particularly 'jarring'. Lessened the body roll considerably too, but then my old ones were really shot. I'm outta town, so will do a write-up later in the week.

I can say, however, if you do get these and go lower than OEM sport, you will ruin them in short order and void the warranty.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:02 AM
1st Gear

alright thanks but I want to lower my car lol and dont have a thow for coilovers or adjustable shocks oh well, how do I get my hands on oem sport shocks?

Old 09-09-2009, 12:03 AM
Administrator

ohhhh so wait, these aren't OEM-equivalent? hmmmm...

Old 09-09-2009, 12:25 AM
4th Gear

alright thanks but I want to lower my car lol and dont have a thow for coilovers or adjustable shocks oh well, how do I get my hands on oem sport shocks?
No.. didnt say that. I said if you want to go 'lower than OEM sport' they prolly wouldnt work right. Shocks and struts are made to work within a specific range. If you go beyond that range (as in lower), you wear the valving out fairly quickly.

ohhhh so wait, these aren't OEM-equivalent? hmmmm...
Well, each model and year is different, but i would think that my car with OEM tall springs and these struts feels more like the 2001 and up 'OEM sport' suspension. I'd hate to see how they would feel with the sport springs... But then I've not ridden in many Audi's. It does, however, ride stiffer than the kids Honda - turns better too

Quick Reply: Blausport